The Director of Association Services is a dynamic, well-spoken individual responsible for generating leads that result in sales and the subsequent growth of non-dues revenue from HASC’s portfolio of programs and services.
The Director of Association Services will work closely with HASC program managers, Endorsed Business Partners and other affiliated organizations to increase sales opportunities and maximize profitability for HASC.
Southern California is the primary target market, and as appropriate, the Director of Business Development will assist with the expansion of HASC programs and services in other regions of California and in targeted areas nationwide.
The candidate must have a proven track record in the healthcare industry. They must be an effective communicator who has the ability to adjust his or her style as needed to communicate appropriately with CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CHROs, CNOs, CMOs and director level staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue growth through planning and execution of a thorough business development and sales strategy, which will be developed in conjunction with HASC program managers and Endorsed Business Partners.
- Initiate and follow the sales process through to completion. This includes prospecting, lead generation, qualifying opportunities, scheduling appointments, making presentations, understanding business needs, developing solutions and proposals, forecasting, and overcoming objections in ways that clearly demonstrate the value of HASC products and services.
- Ensure sales and marketing activities are aligned with HASC’s mission.
- Develop strong, ongoing relationships with customer contacts and centers of influence.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering on commitments in a timely manner and promptly resolving issues.
- Remain current on industry trends, market conditions, emerging technologies, and competitors.
- Implements, manages and develops the marketing strategy through the execution of prospecting, lead generation, RFP process, due diligence, qualifying opportunities, making presentations, understanding business needs, developing solutions proposal and forecasting
- Provides staff leadership to the Hospital Operations Committee for the Hospital Association of Southern California
- Supports HASC member retention and meets regularly with member hospital executives
Targeted Programs and Services
- Endorsed Business Partners; Cyber Security and Liability Program; ; Health Benefits and Wellness Program (HBWP); Education Programs; LEAD; LEAN; and new programs as they are developed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to utilize consultative sales techniques.
- Ability to generate leads and follow the sales process through to successful closure.
- Clear understanding of hospital operations and the leadership challenges that come with managing complex operational and clinical processes within a hospital.
- Demonstrated organizational and people skills.
- Proven business acumen of the health care industry and its rapidly changing environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, innovator and collaborator.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Mature, respected demeanor inspiring confidence and trust from hospital executives, staff and outside organizations.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time. Travel will be primarily in the HASC region but will include travel throughout California and into other states.
Education and Experience
- Must have valid California Drivers’ License and proof of insurance.
- Requires thorough understanding of a specialized area of knowledge.
- Bachelor degree and a minimum of five years’ experience in the health care environment. Other relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the above.
- Proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding sales quotas.
Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements.
This position requires frequent local and long distance travel. If incumbent uses his or her own vehicle for transportation, they must have a valid driver license and carry auto insurance in the amounts and type required by law.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.