PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads unit-based value improvement teams, managers and program leaders throughout the organization to provide guidance and support in pursuit of advancing the goals related to the Patient Experience.
- Leads system-wide programs to improve patient experience by reviewing data, reviewing patient complaints, comments, rounding on patients and actively participating in meetings.
- Leads and implements project teams/programs that are multidisciplinary in nature and involve multiple departments.
- Integrates industry trends and organizational data from various key databases into specific performance improvement areas.
- Helps develop and facilitate best practices through development phase, pilot phase and then rolling out across the health system to improve the Patient Experience.
- Works directly with External Affairs and The Learning Institute to help develop written materials and training materials for specific projects and to help advance The Christiana Care Way.
- Assures alignment between all of the committees that support The Christiana Care Way.
- Provides weekly status reports on activity associated with projects/programs. Will include time lines and valuable data.
- Conducts patient rounds with physicians/nurses and provides feedback as appropriate on behavioral queues.
- Represents Patient Experience on various committees/forums and conferences.
- Ensures compliance with complaint/grievance process when handling a patient/family member concern.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Maintains required credentials of BCLS, mandatory inservice education and continues growth in the position through ongoing inservice opportunities and goal setting.
SCOPE, PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Daily contact with medical leadership, nursing leaderships, Christiana Care trustees and board, patients and family members. Contact with community agencies, companies, and other hospitals as well as the general public. Contact with Christiana Care trustees and board directors and senior -level leadership.
Vice President of Patient Experience