Qualifications: Requires a BA/BS degree; 8 - 10 years of business development experience in the healthcare and/or insurance industry including 5 years of progressive direct/indirect leadership responsibilities; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Masters degree preferred. Experience in business/product development and/or marketing preferred. Organizational, analytical, facilitation, consultation, negotiation, persuasion and project management skills required.
- Requires a 4-year college degree in finance, sales, or accounting; MBA preferred.
- Proven professional with 8+ years of direct sales experience, including identification and validation of strategic business opportunities in the health care industry, as well as the proven ability to bring business transactions to closure. Superior technical and selling knowledge in all areas of the life sciences industry, with in-depth knowledge of post-approval life sciences (biopharmaceutical) company drug research.
- 5+ years of progressive direct/indirect leadership responsibilities experience.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to clients’ needs, develop solutions to meet their requirements, and convey value to clients.
- Record of superior performance in similar positions within a similar organization to effectively sell and secure post-approval research projects through an ability to effectively communicate internal capabilities to clients.
- Collaborative and innovative with ability to assimilate knowledge and concepts across functional departments. Works in conjunction with business development, research teams, and research operations for opportunity identification and follow-through.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, networking, organization, presentation, teamwork, and written and oral communication skills.
- Proven proposal development and business marketing skills.
- Familiarity with late phase research, including pragmatic clinical trial (PCT) studies, preferred.
- Relocation is not required.
In addition to a dynamic work environment, HealthCore offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits program, including a 401(k) plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance coverage; tuition assistance, paid parking, and an employee stock purchase plan.
HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., HealthCore offers the resources of the nation’s leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
To learn more about us or apply for a position, please visit www.healthcore.com
EOE - Dedicated to Diversity