Do you pride yourself in leading a world-class production team by driving increases in efficiency and gross margins? Are you highly results-oriented in building and leading a flexible and proactive production team? Do you have the passion and experience in leading Quality & Manufacturing standards that drive us to operational excellence?
If your answer is yes, and you pursue everything with energy, drive, and a need to succeed, then we may be looking for you! Spectranetics, recently named one of the “Most Trusted Companies”, has an opening for a Production Supervisor – Fremont North.
What You Will Do: You will serve as our production leader on operational objectives in building and sustaining a world class operations team. By Attracting, Retaining, and Developing the best operations team on the planet, you will obtain operations excellence through executing on TOC and Toyota Production strategies to increase gross margins. You will make the safety of our teammates a driving goal and achieve world-class safety performance standards. You will oversee the production operations and supply chain management in alignment with company strategy, regulatory requirements and general operational procedures for our Fremont North facilities.
What You Will Learn: Spectranetics attracts and hires the best talent on the planet! You will be working with an incredible team of dedicated experts and leaders in the Medical Device industry focused on supporting your continued growth. We will expand your capabilities to help further our organization’s ability to innovate, manufacture, acquire, and commercialize medical devices for Vascular Intervention.
What You Will Become: A successful leader that provides insight about our operations team and an influential teammate who will continue to drive us in our mission and values as we save and improve patient lives. You will become an advocate to help us stay at the forefront of safety and innovation regarding our high-quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
What Success Looks Like:
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Shared Values of Spectranetics.
- Attracts, develops and retains “A” players through networking, training, coaching, developing, and assigning stretch goals.
- Drives the operation to achieve increased manufacturing capabilities that meet or exceed requirements for cost, quality, and responsiveness
- Contributes to developing, presenting, and reviewing the Operations enterprise’s quarterly operating plan, sets actions and drives to expand Gross Margin across the enterprise, and drives down total lead times.
- Supports TPS processes across at the Fremont North site, production flow processes, pull system, Theory of Constraints, and Agile project management.
- Works with functional leaders to deploy best practices at Fremont North; reviewed quarterly.
- Schedule work assignments to ensure the most efficient use of teammates and equipment.
- Complete all required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attain production goals of highest quality product on schedule and within stated budget.
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Implement cost reduction and safety procedures to insure quality and quantity production output.
- Be familiar with all pertinent procedures, policies and directives,
- Keeps management informed on any production issues that may impact on the production schedule.
- Ensure proper parts control and processing to maintain an accurate parts inventory, with minimal cycle count variances.
- Maintain accurate and current training records on department teammates.
- Ensures department equipment is in operational condition and within current calibration.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
Directly leads local Supply Chain and Production teammates for Fremont North.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant supervisory experience
- BS Degree in Technology or Management preferred
- Medical device industry required.
- Formal training in the Toyota Production System with TPS application in medical device environment, Lean Manufacturing Practices preferred.
- Incumbent will be required to work in conditions normal for a manufacturing environment
- Work involves standing for extended periods of time
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds
- Operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks and hearing protectors
Agencies that submit a resume to SPNC must have a current executed SPNC Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Talent Acquisitions Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a SPNC Recruiter. All resumes must be submitted to the vendor portal under these terms or they will not be considered.
This position announcement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to individual filling this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required. This posting is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the department and business change.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen to be hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.