Providence is calling a Clinical Informatics & Training Operations Specialist 3 to Providence Health & Services in Renton WA, Anchorage Alaska, Portland OR, Torrance California, Burbank California or Missoula, Montana.
We are seeking a Clinical Informatics & Training Operations Specialist 3 to be responsible for implementing and managing processes and programs of large scope and high complexity within the Clinical Informatics Pillar. This role will manage all aspects of assigned programs and projects with direct accountability to the Operations Manager. The Operations Specialist 3 is responsible for ensuring programs and projects are planned and executed in a collaborative and efficient manner and have goals and objectives that are in alignment with Clinical Informatics priorities and strategic objectives.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages planning and execution of diverse and complex Clinical Informatics projects, initiatives, and programs.
- Develops charters and work break down structures and gains sponsor approval and signoff.
- Manages stakeholders and multiple program/project teams; sets expectations, leads the team, ensures delivery of successful outcomes.
- Coordinates program/project activities; Tracks task dependencies and maintains schedules; Manages scope, risks and issues, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans.
- Ensures customer needs are met by communicating and building rapport with customers and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in the work output.
- Manages the intake, processing, and fulfillment of pillar level project and resource requests.
- Ensures that key program metrics are defined, developed, and tracked; and that improvements result in a positive impact for each project.
- Performs data collection and analysis to monitor program/project progress, and to identify operational trends, gaps, compliance issues, and improvement opportunities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 7 years of experience in roles focused on Communications, Reporting and Data Analytics, Process Development, Process Improvement, Project Coordination, or Business Operations.
- Experience managing projects.
- Experience making formal and informal presentations to senior and executive management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience developing and modifying business processes.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time, meet deadlines and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead large, diverse and complex bodies of work and to build collaborative multi-functional teams.
- Ability to facilitate and drive change in cross functional and cross customer settings.
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain commitment with teams.
- Ability to successfully coach and mentor others.
- Excellent analytical skills and data processing capabilities; Statistical skills are strongly desired
- Excellent management skills and the ability to work effectively to build relationships with executive management, department managers and project managers.
- Ability to inform and influence senior leadership, management and individuals in various parts of the organization to work toward successful outcomes.
- Ability to exercise sound political and environmental judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation.
- Ability to understand business or clinical strategies and plans, and their relationship to organizational strategies.
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs, technical specifications, design standards and architecture.
- Ability to translate conceptual thinking into project definitions and requirements.
- Strong knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts.
- Ability to analyze and report on foreseeable future implications of current decisions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to create communications that are timely, accurate, professional, consistent and targeted to the appropriate audience.
- Ability to utilize special equipment such as telephone and personal computer equipment; software including business applications, electronic medical record, practice management, financial management, project management and reporting. PC peripherals and other office or AV equipment such as digital projectors, fax, scanner, copier and others.
- Expertise with the MS-Office suite of products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CAP, Workout, and Lean education.
- Experience working with process improvement methodologies such as CAP, Six Sigma or Lean.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Informatics
Other Location(s): Alaska-Anchorage, Oregon-Portland, California-Burbank, California-Torrance, Montana-Missoula
Req ID: 152738