Providence is calling a Volunteer Services Coordinator to Providence Seaside Hospital in Seaside, Oregon. This is a full-time, benefited position.
In this position, you will:
- Develop, organize, coordinate, and recruit for volunteer services for Providence Seaside Hospital. Take appropriate steps to resolve issues involving volunteers.
- Coordinate actions necessary to engage volunteers into regular workforce, including measuring and responding to volunteer satisfaction issues.
- Develop annual plan for volunteer services
- Development and coordination of new and/or existing volunteer program
- Serve as the contact between the hospital and volunteers regarding volunteer policies and procedures.
- Interview, orient, train, and schedule volunteers.
- Compile and distributesmonthly data on volunteer hours by function/department.
- Promote volunteer services in the community for recruitment and retention.
- Conduct annual volunteer satisfaction survey, and develop and implement action plan to respond to priority issues.
- Manage daily operations of the Gift Shop:
- Coordinate the collection of the gift shop revenue
- Maintain daily cash register reports and receipts
- Select merchandise and approves all purchases for the gift shop
- Schedule volunteers 7 days a week for the gift shop and fills in as needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of college
- Experience in program development and oversight including recruitment, retention, marketing and principles of retail buying/selling
- Public speaking skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of experience coordinating or providing staff support to a volunteer organization
- 2 years of human resource experience in employment, training and administration
- Retail experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 152044