Providence is calling a Manager, IT ITIL Engineering to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Manager, IT ITIL Engineering to lead the unit that engineers, operates and manages the enterprise ITIL processes to be fit for service, in accordance with industry best practices, for the successful management of change to the IS production services and the resolution, mitigation, and where possible, prevention of disruptions to IS services. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working in a large enterprise distributed environment and leading geographically distributed teams. Also, s/he must demonstrate the ability to balance successfully, hands-on IT expertise and strong team leadership.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for excellent customer delivery and satisfaction, management and achievement of operating level agreements regardless of operating system/technology.
- Supervision of staff
- Leading professional direction of team, anticipating and adapting to regulatory and organizational changes and industry best practices which may dictate the need for changes to IT Service Management processes and procedures.
- Actively participates in strategic planning, operational capacity planning, technology and process implementation plans, and standards development.
- Leads IT ITIL Engineering team and has overall accountability for building, growing and optimizing individual and team performance. Ensures optimized staff performance and productivity in support of the mission. Works collaboratively with peer managers.
- Serves as a member of the IS Operations management team, providing input for decisions affecting PSMS as a whole and their customers.
- Manages the design, configuration, administration, operation and maintenance of PHS IS Change, Problem and Major Incident processes consistent with standards.
- Demonstrates collaborative customer skills to understand customer requirements, to represent and convey operational goals and expectations, and to ensure successful execution of service improvement objectives and daily operational priorities.
- Advocates IT service management goals and commitments; understands the vision of PSMS and is able to align ITIL process with that vision.
- Champions ITIL knowledge, training and certification throughout IS.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 10 years of progressive experience focused on enterprise-level IT service management within a large, complex, distributed environment.
- 7 years experience designing, implementing, and managing enterprise service management processes including Change, Problem, Incident, and Continuous Improvement.
- 3 years of IT leadership experience, with proven success in leading teams in complex technical environments.
- Demonstrated experience deploying IT Service Management toolsets (e.g. CA-ITSM, ServiceNow, HPSD)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of server, network, storage and application technologies and services.
- Advanced subject-matter expertise in IT Service Management with ITIL v3 Foundation certification or higher.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading technical/professional team to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work effectively with other teams (e.g. Applications, Engineering, Security, Program Management, Other PSMS Pillar teams) to help validate business, operational and financial impact of IS processes.
- Strong vendor management skills and ability to negotiate through challenging situations with both internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated long and short-range planning skills.
- Proven ability to organize multiple projects, schedules and meet shifting priorities
- Ability to identify and implement changes and improvements that accomplish long-range objectives.
- Demonstrated experience of successful management capabilities.
- Proficiency with operating and capital budgeting tools.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
- Outstanding ability to rapidly summarize complex information and present to diverse audiences.
- Able to direct and facilitate activities of cross-functional teams of subject matter experts during service outages
- Proficiency with the MS-Office suite of products.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Healthcare experience in large, complex, distributed environments.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 151655