The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to deliver products that transform customer-patient experiences, empowering them to understand and accessing healthcare through digital channels. The Product Manager is the subject matter expert for the market (both users and buyers) and must be extremely skilled at translating that knowledge into product strategy.
What you'll work on:
You'll be obsessed with creating a frictionless experience for consumer-patients in planning and booking an Express Care clinic appointment. This includes inventing innovative ways to help consumer-patients to discover, understand and engage with this new care model.
How you'll be doing this:
- Gather and specify product requirements for current and future offerings by conducting market and competitive research supported by interacting directly with customers (consumers, payers, employers, providers, healthcare community stakeholders and other market influencers) that will drive the development and/or improvement of products. Author business cases, white papers, use cases, product requirements and user cases.
- Drive the product roadmap and, as Product Owner, participate with dedicated scrum team to prioritize backlog, define product needs and obsessively deliver customer value.
- Establish the product's goals and identify/define and monitor metrics to show impact and deliver success.
- Research products and identify new opportunities for PH&S to innovate through technology.
- Partner with clinical and business partners to understand needs, risks and requirements. Manage expectations, anticipate risks and balance customer and company needs.
- Understand and anticipate market trends and demands/limitations, customer reactions and buying pattern changes, and becomes the expert on identifying real market problems by interviewing and observing consumers/patients and caregivers in their environments.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 years in digital product management/development or equivalent experience and a record of successful product delivery, with a minimum of 2 new products (or substantial redesigns/upgrades) launched during this timeframe.
- Deep experience in Agile practices
- Strong analytic skills and experience researching and applying web and app analytics to inform product strategy.
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Sales, Quality Assurance, Clinical and Operations.
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
ABOUT Providence Health & Services:
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit organization, employing more than 100,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area (Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon, and California). We operate 50 hospitals, 829 physician clinics, 22 long-term care facilities, 19 hospice and home health programs and 693 supportive housing units in 14 locations. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. The Providence network includes Swedish, Kadlec, Facey Group, Pacific Medical Centers, and St. Joseph Health.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 152200