The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer will act as the primary expert in multiple areas as you help us transform healthcare through technology that is smart, sophisticated, user-centric, and measurable. If you want to solve complex problems that make clear and real-world impact in people's lives, join us!
What You Will Work On:
Your work will change healthcare as we know it. You will be building the software that powers the Providence On-Demand-Healthcare Platform, eXpressCare and TeleHealth products (TeleHospitalist, TeleStroke, TelePsych).
The Principal Software Engineer will:
- Manage technical responsibility for critical areas of functionality in new releases, and you use practiced judgment in determining what methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to employ.
- Make decisions that will have substantial impact on our release, our technical strategy and company success.
- Work on strategic platforms and propose technical/quality strategy and roadmaps. You'll figure out what needs to be done and get buy in from others that it is the right thing to do.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline. Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization's mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
Bring us your expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 10 years of combined system architecture experience across multiple OSes, languages and frameworks or equivalent experience
- 15 years' programming experience with technologies such as python, powershell, php, java, C , SQL
- 8 years' experience supporting Amazon Web Services with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EC2, Route 53, etc.
- 8 years as a product leader and quality champion, mentoring and coaching team members to ensure all system, process and technical initiatives are resourced appropriately & have impact
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy working together
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 152302