The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to be responsible for delivering products that meet both customer and strategic focus as well as the needs of the business. The Product Manager is the subject matter expert for the market (both users and buyers) and must be extremely skilled at translating that knowledge into product design.
What you'll work on:
- You will serve as the Product Owner for our mobile app which serves Providence, Swedish and our family of brands, serving both Providence and external customers
- The mobile app is customer facing and helps users navigate their healthcare - scheduling appointments, checking medical records, communicating with their doctor, etc. The scope of the mobile app will grow as more functionality is added and more products and services are available via the app.
How you'll be doing this:
- Gather and specify product requirements for current and future offerings by conducting market and competitive research supported by interacting directly with customers (consumers, payers, employers, providers, healthcare community stakeholders and other market influencers) that will drive the development and/or improvement of products. Author business cases, white papers, use cases, process flows, and wireframes. Support testing of product with Product Development and Operations.
- Establish the product's goals and identify/define metrics to show impact and deliver success.
- Research products and identify new opportunities for PH&S to innovate through technology.
- Effectively manage expectations and resolve conflicts that balance customer and company needs.
- Understand and anticipate market trends and demands/limitations, customer reactions and buying pattern changes, and becomes the expert on identifying real market problems by interviewing and observing consumers/patients and caregivers in their environments.
- Prioritize product requirements in keeping with organizational priorities to ensure completion to a schedule.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 years in product management/development or equivalent experience and a record of successful product delivery, with a minimum of 2 new products (or substantial redesigns/upgrades) launched during this timeframe.
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Sales, Quality Assurance, Clinical and Operations.
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
ABOUT Providence Health & Services:
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit organization, employing more than 100,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area (Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon, and California). We operate 50 hospitals, 829 physician clinics, 22 long-term care facilities, 19 hospice and home health programs and 693 supportive housing units in 14 locations. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. The Providence network includes Swedish, Kadlec, Facey Group, Pacific Medical Centers, and St. Joseph Health.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 152202