Senior Software Engineer-I
EMPLOYER: Providence Health & Services – Washington
Employer Name: Providence Health & Services – Washington
Employer Address: 1801 Lind Avenue SW Renton, WA 98057
Contact: Candyce Walter & Tiffany Casey
Places of Employment: 800 5th Avenue, 10th Floor, Seattle WA 98104
Hours: 40 hours per week
Rate of Pay: From $140,000 to $202,571
Providence Health & Services – Washington, a non-profit healthcare system, desires to employ a Senior Software Engineer-I (SSE-I) as part of our Digital Innovation Group (DIG). The SSE-I is a seasoned, and experienced, member of the software development team. The SSE-I understands and applies a wide variety of concepts, practices and procedures of software engineering, and can resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. The SSE-I reports to the Senior Manager of Software Engineering. The SSE-I mentors other engineers, and sets deadlines and standards for the team, but does not supervise other engineers.
The SSE-I creates functional and technical designs/test designs and tests content. The SSE-I is at times the lead engineer, works on multiple features of moderate complexity, and uses expertise in selecting methods and techniques for developing solutions.
The duties, skills, and abilities performed by the SSE-I include:
- Demonstrate in-depth competency with the various tools, processes, test methodologies and languages.
- Responsible for code quality: writing robust, maintainable and efficient code before submitting for review.
- Network with senior individuals within Providence and DIG, as well as with external clients.
- Understand the customer's needs, and propose business solutions.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and simplify solutions.
- Share experience and expertise with others.
- Apply object oriented language such as Java, C#, C/C .
- Apply object oriented design, data structures and problem solving.
- Apply problem solving, reasoning and analytical skills.
- Apply Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Improve software design and implementation.
- Provide effective guidance and leadership to other engineers.
- Identify, escalate and help to resolve issues with systems and work with Product team to review product specs and define timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or Foreign Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related field AND five years of progressive post- baccalaureate industry experience designing, implementing, and delivering software using Service Orientated Architecture methodology.
- Master's Degree or Foreign Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related field AND three years of progressive post- baccalaureate industry experience designing, implementing, and delivering software using Service Orientated Architecture methodology.
Additionally, the successful candidate's experience should include the following:
- Two years of experience of doing architectural design and development of a large scale and high quality data platform with easy to use APIs, or streaming data processing
- Two years of experience designing and consuming RESTful Web Services-based APIs
- One year experience Queuing technology (i.e. RabbieMQ or ZeroMQ or MSMQ or SQS or SNS)
- Three years of experience with data persistence technologies (Relational - Oracle, Non-relational - DynamoDB, Object - S3 or equivalent)
The successful candidate must also meet either of the following:
- Two years of experience working with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, XebiaLabs
- Two years of experience supporting Amazon Web Services or similar cloud infrastructure
- Two years of programming experience with technologies such as Python, PHP, Java, C#, C , SQL
To apply please go to www.providenceiscalling.jobs and complete the online application.
This notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for this job opportunity. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on this application (such as information on available workers, wages, working conditions, and any other matter that is felt pertinent) to:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Atlanta National Processing Center
Harris Tower 233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Department of Labor Contact information can also be found at:
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 153390