Location: Health Department, Bellingham, WA 98225 Department: Health Job Status: Full-Time Shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 AM Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri. Status: Accepting Applications
Whatcom County seeks an Assistant Health Director to assist in the administration of the Health Department. The Assistant Director position supervises the Business, Finance, Health Information, and Performance Management functions of the Health Department. Develops, directs and coordinates internal services integration to include areas such as facilities, technology, fleet, financial services, records management, safety programs, employment processes, employee training, and employee and labor relations.
Assists the Director in providing planning leadership and direction.
Works with Director and Division Managers to coordinate, develop, prepare and monitor budget, quarterly expenditures and revenues reports, payroll and billings.
Administers all fiscal and program requirements from outside funding sources.
Oversees the department’s public health data and information systems, and Performance Management/Quality Improvement system.
Reports directly to Health Director and is a high-level member of the department's management team.
* Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business, public administration, public health or a closely related field;
* 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management, budgeting, records management, grant administration, health information/ assessment and public health planning; INCLUDING
* 3 years of management/supervisory experience.
* Certification as a Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
Full Salary Range (2019 rates): $7,570 - $10,352 per month.
Negotiable depending on experience.
Whatcom County offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental and vision coverage for employees, spouses and eligible dependents. Our benefits package also includes attractive paid leave provisions, including a Paid Time Off program, an average of 12 paid holidays per year, and short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance for employees. Employees participate in the Washington State Retirement System and may select from two deferred compensation pro-grams. The County provides a match of up to 2% of salary for deferred compensation plan contributions.
Application Special Instructions
Please attach a resume and a cover letter addressing the questions below:
* What experiences, skills and traits qualify you for this position?
* In particular, what is your experience in the following areas:
Public Health planning
Management or supervision
* Why is the Assistant Director position the right next step for you in your career?
Internal Number: 12052018
About Whatcom County Health Department
Located approximately 90 minutes north of Seattle, in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. OUR MISSION: “Leading the Community in Promoting Health and Preventing Disease” Whatcom County is an equal opportunity employer.