The Physician Recruiter serves as a liaison between the organization and the medical staff for the purpose of maintaining service line production, gaining service line growth, and recruiting physicians to the regional service area. The liaison uses communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills to maintain and establish positive relationships with the medical staff in the community and outlying areas. The liaison works to indentify and facilitate resolution of areas of concern for the physicians with Administration and Service Line Directors.
1. Seeks resolution to physician's issues or concerns in a timely manner by providing reporting any issues identified by physicians or physician offices to appropriate hospital personnel and by following-up with the physician (usually within 48 hours).
2. Uses system and CSMHS resources to identify and prioritize physicians for targeted marketing.
3. Develops an annual action plan for reaching targeted physicians, with assistance from the Marketing Director, and assists with the development of the Marketing department's business plan.
4. Achieves quarterly targets as determined by approved business plan and documents activity by maintaining logs of contacts, calls, issues reported, and any other applicable information. Also tracks referrals and admissions for targeted physicians, and reports monthly to Administrative Team.
5. Provides bi-weekly summary of any significant physician issues to the Administrative Team.
6. Provides bi-weekly summary of physician contacts and progress with recruitment of approved specialties.
7. Remains knowledgeable of services offered by the hospital, targeted areas of growth, key service lines, and physician volume, including legislation, policies or events that may impact physician practices.
8. Identifies physician recruitment opportunities and works with Regional Administration, CHRISTUS Provider Network, and contracted recruiters to place physicians in identified practices to meet community need.
9. Serves as Program Administrator for EA Health ED Physician Compensation Program.
10. Coordinates the monthly Physician Advisory Group.
11. Coordinate and administer the annual Physician Satisfaction Survey and report results of survey to Administration and Medical Staff.
12. Plans physician related events, such as Doctor's Day, CME events, health fairs, etc.
13. Provides technical support to the physicians for Order Facilitator/Schedule Maximizer and works with the vendor to maintain the system and resolve issues.
14. Assists with establishing and meeting the annual physician liaison budget.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or related field required. Masters degree preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to the position.
Ability to travel and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook. Basic knowledge of HCIS a plus.
Minimum of three years experience in physician relations, marketing or sales required.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.