In collaboration with clinical and administrative leadership, facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational strategies to improve clinical, service and financial outcomes within an evidenced-based practice framework and of VUMC mission, values, vision and credo. This position will be responsible for quality for the Veterans Association (i.e. VA) CAR-T Cell program as it pertains to the Stem Cell Laboratory. This position will also be involved in confirming the processes can be successfully operational as part of the VUMC Foundation for the Accrediation of Cellular Therapy (i.e. FACT) submission, which also covers the VA.
Collaborates with departments and interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement strategies to improve care and processes.
Utilizes consultative and facilitative skills in working with individuals and groups.
Develop/enhance quality management infrastructure including knowledge transfer, within assigned areas of responsibility.
Serve as a resource for policy/standard interpretation and application to operations.
Facilitates improvement initiatives through use of PDSA cycle.
Meets with project team to plan and executes improvement team agenda.
Coordinates data and process analysis needs with individuals/groups responsible for the identification of improvement opportunities and redesign efforts.
Effectively uses data, improvement knowledge and regulatory/accreditation standards, resulting in informed decision making by the project team.
Utilizes quality management and statistical process control tools and methods as appropriate.
Coordinates timely communication of assigned areas quality management initiatives to appropriate forums (Patient Care Centers and Core Quality Committees).
Integrates internal and external benchmark data.
Summarizes data in a format that will facilitate identification and prioritization of improvement initiatives.
Demonstrates effective Project Management skills.
Assures maintenance of project plans/ records such that they serve as an archive of project results.
Utilizes change management to drive results.
CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent. Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas. Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
· Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 7 years experience
· Day Shift/ Exempt Position
· Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 50 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· T ruven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Be cker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.