* JOB SUMMARY: Performs project management support and analysis under occasional guidance. Works with customers to understand and analyze operational procedures, requirements, processes and/or other needs to bring about successful completion of the project.
* Act as the point of contact and content expert including goals, initiatives, responsibilities, timelines, etc. * Collaborate with and manage project expectations, timelines, milestones, etc. with numerous teams and individuals across VUMC and necessary entities (QSRP) to collect, review and report out data both internally and externally for the Section of Surgical Sciences * Facilitate development of project report outs to executive leadership * Propose and/or recommend the creation of sub-committees, program initiatives and/or changes, etc. to leadership * Manage project communications and reporting (written and visual) * Brief leadership regularly on project status * Create project timelines and milestones and ensure deadlines are met by accountable teams * Anticipate possible project changes and challenges and propose potential solutions * Facilitate the development of project policy and/or pilot programs and manage approval process and timeline * Coordinate cross- project initiatives * Develop meeting agendas and compile meeting materials for all projects * Communicate with content experts and arrange presentations at all project meetings * Gather data from content experts for project leadership review * Record all project meeting minutes and action items * Follow up on action items and next steps from all project meetings
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
* Bachelors Diploma (or equivalent experience) and 3 years of experience.
* Day Shift/ Exempt Position
V anderbilt's Section of Surgical Sciences combines many of our surgical departments at Vanderbilt into one framework with the commitment to providing the best in patient care. Our specialty teams of surgeons and researchers work closely with one another to discover and reveal the latest medical and surgical innovations, while teaching our residents the many facets of surgery. This collaboration of disciplines allows us to provide an array of conventional and unique surgical services to the entire mid-south region resulting in outstanding patient outcomes.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1907936
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.