Executive Medical Director - Revenue CycleAdventHealth Orlando
Location Address:601 East Rollins Street Orlando, FL 32804
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday 8a - 5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY :
* Responsible for reviewing and authorizing inpatient days and the evaluation of inpatient utilization patterns within service areas to identify areas of improvement, developing specific strategies and criteria addressing areas of need. Collaborates with Senior Medical Officers with contracted managed care payers regarding utilization review management activities and maintain a positive and supportive relationship between the inpatient facilities, health plans and physicians (hospitalist groups and primary care providers), as well as interdepartmental liaison for ACO activities and program development. Reviews and responds to Complaints & Indicators. Works in close coordination with the processes of the Utilization Review Management staff for continual process improvement and reporting. Reviews and makes recommendations on appealed provider claims and makes determinations for appeals & grievances from members. Provides support, shares administrative call, and maintains collaborative relations with the other medical directors.
* Participates with the Medical Directorate to review and develop medical guidelines and policies. Advise and educate Care Managers regarding clinical issues. Act as liaison for and attending physicians to arrive at most appropriate inpatient/outpatient utilization determinations. Assists in other duties related to utilization review and quality improvement of the network as assigned by the Division CFO/SrVP, Vice President of Revenue Cycle Operations and/or Director, Utilization Review Management.
* Reviews data and trends to identify opportunities for utilization improvement to positively influence practice patterns. Conducts regular, ongoing meetings with Care Managers to ensure continuity and efficiency in the inpatient setting. Performs other duties as assigned. Develops clinical care pathways and utilization benchmarking for specialty groups within the West Florida Division. Manages specialty-specific quality screens and utilization outliers.
* Collaborates and develops relationships with payers and the community health resources. Actively contributes in efforts to monitor and reduce unnecessary length of stay. Participates in review of long stay patients, in conjunction with the Director of Utilization Review Management to facilitate the use of the most appropriate level of care. Provides education and serves as a resource to Medical Staff colleagues regarding best practices, Care Management structure, and functions and uses of clinical guidelines. Develops and facilitates productive internal/external relationships with all physicians and constituents of Care Management.
* Acts as a liaison between contracted Managed Care/Commercial payers related to managed care denials, Care Management and the Hospital's Medical Staff to facilitate the accurate and complete documentation for coding and abstracting of clinical data, capture of severity, acuity and risk of mortality, in addition to DRG assignment. Establishes and maintains a presence within the Medical Staff structure and active participation on applicable committees (ie JOC/Payer, Revenue Cycle, Finance Committee, etc.).
COMPLIANCE/REGULATORY RESPONSIBILITY :
* Educates, consults, and advises members of the Medical Staff on regulatory updates and changes related to Care Management.
* Serves as a member of the Utilization Management (UM) Committee by ensuring committee is actively reviewing and acting upon trends identified through data. Provides trend data of denials to assist in improving payer or care delivery behavior.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY :
* Aid in supporting Length of Stay (LOS) and quality goals.
* Reviews concurrent payer denials and intervenes with attending and/or consulting physicians and managed care medical directors, as needed, for reconsideration and denial avoidance.
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY :
* Provides input on developing plans for physician education to meet identified needs and provides information to members of the Medical Staff and clinical departments on Care Management guidelines and protocols.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY :
* Provides teaching and guidance to key associates and physicians regarding the impact of responsible stewardship of resources and attainment of important outcomes for each patient and family.
* Responsible for managing the efficiency of inpatient care delivered in the organization and collaborates with all levels of managed care team, utilization review management, hospital executive team including the Chief Medical Officers, and leadership of medical and nursing staff.
* Serves as a liaison between the AHS Managed Care Operations, Care Management, PFS, Revenue Cycle, Utilization Review departments, Medical Staff and the Chief Medical Officers for matters related to physician practice and behaviors as they affect cost, quality, documentation and patient outcomes.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY :
* Develops and fosters relationships with community post-acute care partners to ensure effective communication on patient's continuum of care practices resulting in optimum patient outcomes
What you will need
* Graduate from medical school and residency program
* Ten years recent clinical practice experience
* Seven years of leadership experience
* Understanding of Hospital Care Management, including Utilization Management
* Two years or greater experience as a Physician Advisor
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Current, valid State of Florida license as a physician
* Board certified and eligible for membership on the Hospital medical staff
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.