Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Health is looking for a Director to lead our Identity and Access Management (IAM) team. The IAM team supports all user access functions for the entire organization to include user access provisioning, single sign-on, tap and go access, multi-factor authentication, privileged access management, identity management integration with applications, enterprise directory architecture and design, access reviews, onboarding, access request tickets, among other areas. In this dynamic role, you would lead a team of 16+ full time personnel to accomplish and sustain our IAM initiatives. IAM is part of the Cybersecurity team at Banner, and we are looking for a strong, confident leader that will take charge, track and achieve established metrics, be innovative, collaborative, drive efficiency with current ticketing process, effective with leadership, and be a thought leader in the organization.
This is a salaried position and the typical schedule is a 40+ work week. There are times when the IAM team is involved with go-lives that may be after hours or even weekends. This is not typical, but there may be times where your presence and leadership is necessary to support the team. The primary location for this role will be at Banner Corporate (Phoenix Plaza - off Thomas and Central) and will be on-site with occasional remote capabilities. An ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field with 10+ years of related experience, including 7 or more years of IAM and at least 5 years of leadership experience.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for planning, design, build and delivery of identity and access management services across the organization as part Enterprise Information Security office. The Director is responsible for requirements, strategy, policies and procedure related to Identity and Access Management (IAM) governance.
1. Establishes an enterprise IAM strategy and reference architecture including standards and frameworks that are aligned with the overall business strategy.
2. Leads the IAM team and is dedicated to overall IAM project management. Navigates organizational boundaries, collaborating with business/ process owners and other stakeholders, in order to manage project deliverables and timeframe.
3. Manages the process of selection of IAM tools and vendor solutions.
4. Strategically aligns the IAM program with the overall business needs by driving meaningful collaboration and developing strategic financial budgets and operational plans.
5. Acts as a liaison between the business/ process owners, CISO/Senior Management and the day-to-day IAM Architect and team; effectively communicating the benefits of IAM in security, technology administration efficiency, compliance, and business agility while still managing realistic and achievable project plan timeframes.
6. Builds and retain an IAM staff with appropriate experience and expertise. Demonstrates and embeds the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization.
7. Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals. Identifies and prioritizes security program expenditures in coordination with I/T, Audit, Compliance, and Legal.
8. Delivers outcomes on the operational performance metrics and consistently deliver process improvement based on Metrics and Measures.
9. This position reports to the Chief Information Security Officer and will interface with and support staff at all levels and in all areas throughout the enterprise. This person will also work frequently with external customers, vendors, and business partners on projects and various assignments.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.Requires proficiency level typically attained with 10 or more years experience in information security experience in positions of increasing responsibility including 7 or more years of identity and access management and 5 years of leadership experience.
Demonstrated experience integrating identity management, access management and access governance software into Enterprise infrastructure and applications. Strong understanding of modern IAM concepts including but not limited to user provisioning; entitlement review and certification; multi-factor authentication; Enterprise directory architecture and design; Role-Based Access Control; Attribute-Based Access Control; single sign on; identity federation; privileged access management.
Strong technical understanding of IAM and service lifecycles.
Extensive knowledge across a broad range of IAM technologies.
Experience with authoring, implementing and maintaining IAM policies and standards.
Experience strategizing with cross-functional business partners on information security solutions.
Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Industry certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, EAP, etc.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3275
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.