If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
As one of the country's premier non-profit health-care networks, Banner Health is committed to providing an ideal setting for you; a team on which you will thrive, grow, lead and which allows our providers to be empowered to deliver the highest quality healthcare to an ever-changing market.
This position will provide a high level of financial expertise to ensure efficient hospital operations. The Financial Analyst Consultant will join a team and lead or participate in financial processes which may include operating budget development, strategic and capital financial planning, program and management reporting, operations analysis and variance reporting, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis. They will also assist management in the identification and implementation of operating improvements and provide ongoing financial education as needed.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of assigned area/region. This position leads in the development, analysis, and preparation of financial plans, reporting and key performance indicators to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of financial expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop financial proformas, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Leads key financial processes within assigned area or region (e.g. operating budgets, forecasting, program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support, contracting and reimbursement analysis) by coordinating resources and communication and leading process teams.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance within the assigned business unit(s). Provides assistance, coordination and education, as necessary to internal customers for compliance within contractual and regulatory requirements.
4. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
5. Implements and help guide processes to implement changes based on data. Provides strategic financial guidance based on high level analysis of various data elements.
6. Provides direction to coordinate implementation and support for financial systems based software products to enhance current and future system functionality. Develops and presents ongoing financial indicators and education programs based on the needs of assigned business unit(s).
7. Prepare accurate and timely management and regulatory reports by accessing information from a variety of sources and utilizing consistent reporting formats and assist in the development of meaningful performance measures.
8. Assignments located at various Banner locations will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within Banner.
9. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, Finance and Human Resources ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience. Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7+ years of experience in financial management. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals. Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must possess operational skills and knowledge in healthcare, strong leadership, and confidence.
Previous supervisory/team leadership experience preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred. Experience in healthcare financial management preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R4178
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.