Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position, in collaboration with the Registered Dietitians and members of the health care team, provides clinical nutrition care for moderate and low nutritional risk patients. Provides nutrition education to patients and families on appropriate meal selections within dietary restrictions to accomplish patient goals.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides nutritional education and instruction on identified diet plans to individual patients, patients in group settings, and patient families based upon physician order and/or nutritional education needs. May provide nutrition education to community.
2. Prioritizes tasks and uses effective time management skills to maintain productivity standards. Assists the dietitian in providing an efficient and cost effective nutrition care program while meeting service excellence standards.
3. In designated areas, performs timely nutrition assessments and may provide screening using designated criteria to identify patients at nutritional risk and appropriately determines the nutritional status of patients by completing assessments based on nutrition practice guidelines.
4. Provides timely follow up and monitoring of patients identified for re-screening and re-assessment and refers patients to the dietitian; documents pertinent information in the medical records and patient plan of care while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and other regulatory agencies).
5. Assists with continuous quality improvement activities and ongoing problem solving and conducts meal rounds as indicated.
6. This position must make clinical judgment decisions related to patient care and where appropriate, consults with a dietitian, supervisor, or other members of the health care team regarding patient concerns. This position has tremendous impact on the customer satisfaction of patients. May provide direction to the department staff in the activities necessary to provide quality nutrition patient care.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
This position requires: (1) an Associate Degree from an approved Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Dietetic Technician program, and successful passing of the DTR exam (Dietetic Technician, Registered) within 6 months of employment; or (2) a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics; or (3) demonstrated equivalent knowledge as typically obtained with five years acute-care nutrition experience.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR); Experience in Nutrition within an acute care setting is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R11528
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.