Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
Banner Health Medicare Advantage will launch a new Medicare Advantage plan in key areas throughout the state of Arizona, and has a unique opportunity to serve as a local health care delivery system that values whole person care, and truly integrated approach to care. In this highly visible position, you will have the opportunity to serve as a principal link between health plan activities and the community. You will serve as a change agent in the development of our go to market strategy.
The Health Plan Executive Sales Rep has a flexibility to lead the efforts to design, produce, and define a strategic plan, utilizing creative skills, to meet the sales department goals. They will coordinate outreach and network meetings to provide education to staff on any benefit changes and be an ambassador to the public to create positive images of the organization as well as educating about all current and new products.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports Health Plan sales and operations by meeting assigned personal sales and persistency targets. This position will be accountable for revenue, relationships, and organic growth across their assigned territory including brokers, providers and consumers, and strategic community partners. In addition, this position will lead and coordinate the work of multiple Field Marketing Organizations (FGO), Managing General Agents (MGA), Brokers, and other Neighborhood Physician alliances and Banner Medical Groups. This work will include sales development, broker alliances/channels, customer success, and field sales operations. This individual must have a presence to allow them to lead complex deal negotiations, broker and provider alliances/partnerships, internal relationship building skills. The focus will be not only on closing deals/writing applications, but also on making sure that the business is enrolled appropriately through the Banner system, and ultimately through to CMS.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates outreach and sales activities in the states/counties in the service area in order to meet monthly sales goal. This position works closely with the sales leadership to develop strategic sales opportunities within the marketplace with providers, brokers, and community leaders to promote Banner Medicare products.
2. Participates in member outreach and network meetings. Maintains knowledge of all current and new products. Provide education to internal Insurance Division staff on benefit changes. Identifies possible market issues to leadership with new product rollout. This position may also provide training for new sales reps and staff members
3. This position may manage a larger assigned territory and be responsible for personal sales achievement and sales growth of assigned growth opportunities in the marketplace Develops sales leads; provide presentations, sales follow-up and enrollment processing with prospective and current eligible individuals.
4. Maintains strong working knowledge of the benefit structure, CMS Sales and Marketing Compliance, Healthcare Marketplace rules and regulations, Arizona administrative code and related statues, and any organization/entity/law/act that govern health plan products.
5. Manage all aspects of broker recruitment in assigned territory. Broker/provider coaching and develop forecasting and planning, and ensure systems and processes are in place to land and expand accounts, business, and ACO's.
6. Partner with brokers, product development, other organizations to ensure customer intelligence as leveraged to drive product development, bid, future business development decisions. Not only to improve current products and services, but also to enhance existing products/services and product road map priorities.
7. Develop and execute on key broker and provider strategies, tools, training, and collateral that enhance both brokered and leveraged sales forces as well as ensuring active and engaged presence at key industry conferences and trade shows.
Requires associate's degree or equivalent working knowledge 5+ years of healthcare marketing and/or sales experience.
Must possess or obtain (within 7 days) a current health care insurance license. Knowledge of federal/state laws, rules, and regulations as they pertain to health coverage issues; knowledge of Medicare, AHCCCS or similar healthcare agency relative to operations, market position, benefits structure.
Must be extremely organized, work independently and be a dynamic communicator and able to work flexible hours including some weekends
Knowledge of commercial loan applications, financial reporting and IRS codes preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Oracle Reports. Access database experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APRROVED 10/04/2020
Internal Number: R10721
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.