Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for leaders who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our executives are at the forefront of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
The Division CFO for the Western Division will have overall financial operation accountability for multiple facilities ranging from rural-community-large hospitals. You will be a key advisor to the division's senior leadership team and Dyad partner to the Western division President focusing on establishing and achieving long term strategies, goals, involvement with M&A, Joint Ventures, other work related to leases affiliations to monitor overall financial outcomes for system wide success. Primary location, Greeley Colorado
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for planning directing, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating divisional financial operations in a manner consistent with company strategies and initiatives. This position serves as a key advisor to the divisions's senior leadership on matters relating to operating strategies and financial outcomes. Specific responsibilities include establishing and achieving long-range goals, monitoring and achieving financial outcomes, and providing leadership to direct reports. The position works collaboratively with other divisions within the company and with system financial leadership to ensure the financial viability of the division's operating units and to consider system-wide solutions and approaches where appropriate. Participates in various system level teams to accomplish company strategic initiatives and participates in M&A, JV and other work with leases and affiliations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and oversight required to achieve desired business outcomes, to realize optimal financial and operating performance for the division and in accordance with the interests of the organization as a whole. Provides leadership and oversight of division standards, programs, and/or systems in order to achieve desired and integrated strategic business initiatives, objectives, and outcomes including, but not limited to, growth, accountability and patient care.
2. Coordinates and evaluates an effective and efficient financial and management reporting infrastructure that provides the foundation to facilitate sound financial and operating decisions for each component of the division's delivery system, and for the delivery system as a whole. This coordination will require optimal use of people, process, and technology to maximize reporting capabilities, accessibility, and timeliness.
3. Evaluates and provides recommendations on divisional capital acquisition proposals to ensure the proper deployment and utilization of Banner assets within the delivery system; maximizes return on capital investments, facilitates sound capital acquisition and replacement strategies, and coordinates effective and efficient asset evaluation processes.
4. Participates in maintaining an effective internal control environment to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, proper compliance with existing laws and regulations achieved, and operations comply with the legal and regulatory parameters in which it operates.
5. Holds management staff accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with them to identify and resolve issues and problems impacting financial performance and operations. Acts as a catalyst for change to support the adoption of new initiatives that lead to improvements in care and service. Develops staff to ensure continued professional growth and the availability of future finance leaders. Articulates and demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders. Fosters an environment of trust that focuses on processes and outcomes.
6. Maintains relationships with various regulatory bodies, industry leaders, and others as appropriate to ensure proper compliance with existing laws and regulations and to help maintain viable operations and ensure proper representation of company interests and safeguarding of assets.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior management regarding operations and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
8. This position is accountable for leading, developing and maintaining an effective financial infrastructure for the region. Has latitude to determine how to best accomplish defined goals for the organization. This position requires the skill to influence management at all levels in the creation of an environment of choice in a fast-paced, growth oriented healthcare system. Strategies and services must support the company's mission, vision and values, strategic initiates and standards of performance. May also be required to represent Banner on various affiliated Boards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess strong business acumen as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree in business, accounting, finance or other related degree or equivalent level of education and experience. Membership in industry organizations or other credentials that show ability to network and obtain peer acceptance.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Driver's License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Requires a strong knowledge of finance as normally demonstrated through eight or more years of progressive leadership, plus consultation experience in a large multi-operational corporate environment in complex industries similar to health care. Requires a strong knowledge of revenue cycle operations including coding, billing & collection strategies. Requires extensive financial planning expertise including M&A, capital planning, & service line growth/exit. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a way that reinforces the organization's mission, vision and values. Capable of providing leadership which displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations, participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through written and oral presentations in a way that engenders understanding and trust. Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills. Experience in anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers. Skilled in strategically and proactively creating and managing financial solutions resulting in organizational growth and success; effectively engaging management level staff, employees, and stakeholders in order to build partnerships, achieve strategic initiatives, and attain organizational goals; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish organizational goals; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to make appropriate decisions; developing collaborative relationships with internal and/or external strategic partners and/or other applicable parties.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certified Public Accountant license is preferred along with additional healthcare finance related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R17486
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.