In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Information Technology Network Planning and Integration (NPI) Team is a part of the IT Operations and Service Delivery Team and reports to the IT Director, Network Planning and Integration. This is a team environment where the five members of the team provide support for the Western Region of Banner and all network technologies in the region. The NPI teams are responsible for the connectivity supporting the Data Center, Wireless and Local/Wide Area network technologies. This team oversees a vast array of technologies across multiple states to a large group of customers including hospitals, urgent cares, clinics, ambulance and corporate facilities.
No two days are ever the same and Banner's commitment to technology ensures an ever-changing and challenging environment where you can learn and grow. As a Cisco Network Engineer on the NPI team, you will enjoy the experience of being a part of a skilled team with long tenured, experienced team members who look out for each other to ensure we are providing our customers the best experience possible.
The preferred candidate will possess their CCNA or equivalentnetwork support experience.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is an expert that demonstrates technical knowledge of infrastructure and communications processes and supports system defined objectives relative to the company's business and healthcare requirements. Interacts as part of a team, leading small sized projects and is able to plan, design, implement and support all company Information Technology infrastructure, networks, hardware and applications.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides proficient technical support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care.
2. Plans, prioritizes and coordinates scheduled projects that require interaction between various customer and department and hardware/software vendors. Develops well defined project plans, work schedules and critical timelines.
3. Works effectively as a team leader or a participating member of the department or project teams. Promotes teamwork by involving others and encourages them to contribute their strengths to the team.
4. Compiles professional, well thought out designs to complex technical processes for presentation to senior members of the team.
5. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
6. Participates in feasibility studies, RFI development and capital budget planning. Position provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
7. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess a strong knowledge of technology as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
Certain assignments require certification or credentialing in designated area.
Must also have 4-6 years experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12570
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.