Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office is the oncology service line for Banner Research. The department operates in Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center and Banner Gateway Medical Center. The department conducts Phases I-III treatment clinical trials covering all disease groups with the goal to provide support to the physician investigators and to provide trial treatment options to the patients in a safe and ethical manner, while ensuring compliance to the FDA and institutional regulations.
Schedule: Monday - Friday no weekends, no holidays!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for accurate assembly and full utilization of various data bases and data sources for the operation. Duties include abstracting from medical records, populating and coordinating use of resulting data storage files and databases, report production and submission and academic and professional presentations on research topics.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Accurately completes report forms and generates reports with information that has been abstracted from medical records. Obtains medical information through the use of Cerner and other electronic databases, records obtained from external physician's offices, and other sources. Participates in process improvement activities to develop and refine data collection processes.
2. Submits data to appropriate agencies and maintains established quarterly reporting rates. Uses electronic data capture. Complies with federal reporting requirements. Answers requests for requested data, extracts data from assigned facility data base and generates reports as needed. Submits forms and other reports in a timely manner and maintains all source documentation. Performs data outcomes analysis, creates data reports and works on special data management projects as assigned.
3. Maintains and updates department specific databases. Develops and implements efficient data collection tools and methods. Develops and manipulates spreadsheets. Performs internal data quality reviews for accuracy and quality of data collection. Prepares, updates and organizes tracking logs and patient research files. Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problems to the supervisor.
4. Complies with all established guidelines and Federal and State data transfer laws and considers ethical issues involved in human subject research. Participates in the development of policies and procedures regarding general data management. Maintains confidentiality and security of subject's data and follows pertinent HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations.
5. Prepares data to include in scientific, public and professional presentation in the form of manuscripts, slides and posters. Conducts presentations to valley wide academic, professional and layperson organizations.
6. Assists in training new staff members.
7. Works under general supervision. Internal customers are Physicians, Nurses, and technical staff. External customers are subjects, visitors, hospital personnel, other medical research organizations and national registries.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Associates degree in Information Technology or a health care related field or equivalent knowledge or experience in a healthcare setting.
Two years previous research or health care experience. Knowledge of regulatory affairs and current issues concerning the conduct of clinical research and health care operations. Knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to interpret laboratory reports and understand disease processes and testing with an understanding of disease staging and status. Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to provide effective customer service.
Must be proficient with common office software including web based and ability to conduct computer based literature searches.
Previous pertinent experience working in a clinical research setting. SoCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) or an ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14879
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.