Strategy and Improvement Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for working autonomously, developing and implementing the planning, management, and execution of multiple concurrent interrelated complex projects whose combined success is critical to the organization's overall strategic objectives and initiatives. This includes the development of recommendations for the prioritization of individual singular projects comprising overall major project(s). The incumbent must facilitate and foster collaboration, both horizontally and vertically within the organization, including across diverse areas and multiple states, to facilitate the implementation of business solutions, serving as the primary interface between executive project sponsors and the project team. Serves as a subject matter expert on the utilization of project management tools and methodology, ensuring an integrated approach resulting in the successful implementation of projects; provides coaching in effective project management methodologies and behaviors, ranging from routine to advanced.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Must be able to manage business sponsor relationships and navigate political landscape. Manages cross-functional teams and influences senior level management and key stakeholders.
2. Expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the project management lifecycle methodology. Participates in formulating the design and direction of project management standards and policies within the department. Leads development of standard project management tools and methodologies. Mentors less experienced project managers and support staff.
3. Requires leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders. Oversees major projects comprised of multiple, interdependent projects/programs, which includes coordinating dependencies between key tactics and milestones within the projects in order to realize the overall collective benefit of the major project.
4. Consults with and is accountable to executive sponsors for the review of major project proposals and collaboration to identify project goals, time frames, funding limitations, and allotment of resources. Leads/coordinates with related subset project teams to define and obtain consensus on complex project charter including scope, objectives, assumptions, deliverables, constraints, and obtaining, verifying and establishing the project budget. Determines and executes sponsor approval process. Works with department leaders to obtain appropriately skilled project resources. Assumes direct responsibility for project/program success, including the success of related projects comprising the major project.
5. Plans & executes on complex and ambiguous major interrelated projects / programs and prioritizes related subset projects. Uses the work breakdown structure and/or user stories to drive the development of the integrated work plan; creates and implements issues management plan, risk management plan, communication plan, change management plan, relationship management plan, and backlog.
6. Serves as the primary liaison between the executive sponsor and the project team; facilitates project, sponsor, and change control meetings and coordinates the interaction with other departments. Develops and makes presentations to senior management and large audiences using executive level content while understanding the details.
7. Manages, develops, and carries out project level communication plans, ensuring key stakeholder awareness. Communicates across all levels of the organization. Builds team cohesiveness and motivates team members.
8. Manages and controls multiple interrelated singular projects to successful overall major project completion, providing leadership to project team members throughout the major project lifecycle and ensuring the work and resulting deliverables are in alignment with and in support of overall major project objectives. Administers and facilitates change management processes to control project scope, schedule and budget changes, including identifying, coordinating, and working to reconcile conflicts. Proactively identifies and manages potential project risks before they materialize. Serves as the first level of project escalation. Manages overall project budget to obtain synergies and realize cost savings. Ability to delegate activities to less junior project managers.
9. This position is responsible for coordinating complex and ambiguous projects that involves leading multiple teams towards the attainment of objectives associated with interrelated large-scale, multi-facility, high risk, large budget functional projects across numerous departments system-wide. Incumbents serve as a point of escalation for less experienced project management staff, providing guidance and problem-solving for complex project management issues. Incumbents interface with executive project sponsors on a regular basis and manage horizontal, as well as vertical, internal collaboration efforts. Requires work in context of multiple commitments, variable workload, priorities and conflicts. Evaluates and manages change to ensure business objectives are met.
Bachelor's degree required.
Seven plus years of relevant Project Management experience and a PMP certification, or ten plus years of relevant Project Management experience required.
Depending on assigned area of responsibility, may require licensure in specialty area (i.e., Pharmacy, RRT, Nursing).
Must possess strong business and multiple method project management knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business or related field and experience typically gained through at least seven years of progressively responsible technical agile and waterfall project management experience, including the management of system-wide projects involving multiple individual projects, in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business, information technology and healthcare experience. Ability to assess and determine appropriate project management tools and methodologies for successful project outcomes. Skilled in influencing and gaining support from a variety of individuals in order to engage support in high-profile projects. Skilled at facilitating negotiations resulting in desired outcomes. Ability to implement and oversee scrum and other processes. Knowledge of principles, strategies, and desirable results for managing large-scale, multi-disciplinary efforts comprising parallel projects. Proven track record of managing large-scale, interdisciplinary, high risk, large budget projects. Must demonstrate general knowledge of healthcare industry. Must have experience in large scale complex project planning and reporting. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical, non-technical, and senior management audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Ability to mentor less experienced team members.
Must be proficient in MS Office suite of products, to include MS Project.
Master's degree Scrum Master.
Project Management experience in a Health care environment preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R24490
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.