Specialty Materials Coordinator AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. M-F 5x8.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establishes and maintains par levels for items stocked in the specialty area, rotating stock so that first in is also first out, ensuring proper shelf labels are in place, and removing any expired goods.
· Manages consignment inventory, reconciling with supplier at regular intervals.
· Actively participates in performance improvement activities, value analysis projects and Supply Chain cost reduction initiatives related to assigned specialty department.
· Meets with suppliers to resolve issues, source products and set up training and needed support for staff.
· Coordinates product trial and evaluations in conjunction with Materials Manager.
· Processes purchase requisitions and consignment replacements, services, and non-stock (Special Order) supplies.
· Reviews and assesses applicable financial, clinical, contractual and operational data.
· Serves as a liaison between hospital/system administrations, departments, clinical staff, GPO, suppliers to ensure cost effective, evidence based utilization models.
· Will work to improve processes operationally to enhance and advance quality patient care.
· Directs resources necessary to coordinate and integrate cost management data collection and analytics to drive value analysis decisions.
· Coordinates in the educational processes.
· Investigates, researches, and reports out on product, services, challenges/issues related to quality and cost endeavors’.
· Responsible for communications to Supply Chain Management and clinicians and physicians pertaining to contract opportunities.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work both independent and as a part of a team.
· Will participate and represent organization on AHS Supply Chain Committees.
· Promotes customer service and is knowledgeable of and supports all corporate and entity specific policies and procedures relative to Supply Chain.
· Obtain capital equipment quotes, provide vendor research using contracted vendors.
· Drive product and equipment standardization of area of responsibility to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
· Assist in capital projects to provide product information and pricing.
· Input capital purchase requisitions in system so they can be reviewed by AHS Corporate.
· Responsible for consignment agreements and product exchanges for departments.
· Contract Administration and local contract compliance.
· Assist in implementing product conversions that are outlined by AHS Corporate.
· Provide cost analysis on products so data can be used by department leadership to reduce supply costs.
· Evaluate bulk buy opportunities and recommend savings to department leadership.
· Facilitate requisitioning of local services, equipment rentals, and equipment leases.
· Manage and update PeopleSoft order sheets as needed for their areas.
· Manage the MedApproved process for their areas of responsibility.
· Oversee the Medline DED process and the Medline surplus report.
· Update the Quad Report inputting data from cost savings projects that they are working on.
· Source quotes for minor equipment and provide to department leadership.
· Using MD Buyline and other resources provide technology assessment to department leaders as they analyze minor equipment for purchase.
· Support the SVAT chair and cochair with product information and pricing for Value Analysis Teams.
· Assign People Soft numbers to approved items.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic knowledge of products and equipment used in the specialty area.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Understanding of clinical procedure processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· In depth knowledge of products and equipment used in Specialty Area.
· Some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with purchasing, receiving, shipping, and distribution.
· Demonstrates ability to use an ERP system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 6+ months related experience within specified specialty department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Registered Nursing Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business 6+ months experience working with Windows based Electronic Inventory System. (PeopleSoft, Lawson, etc.) preferred
· 5 years healthcare experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP)
· APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional
· Registered Nurse
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Building Partnerships: Developing and leveraging relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
· Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
· Communication: Conveying information and ideas (orally or written) clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listens actively to others.
· Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
· Customer Orientation - Placing a high priority on the (internal or external) customer's perspective when making decisions and taking action; implementing service practices that meet the customers' and own organization's needs.
· Earning Trust: Gaining others' confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenges.
· Influencing - Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions that support specific work outcomes.
· Knows the Business: Understands how the business works and can identify sources of value, efficiency, and effectiveness
· Positive Approach: Demonstrating a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations; providing an uplifting (yet realistic) outlook on what the future holds and the opportunities it might present.
· Managing Relationships - Meeting the personal needs of individuals to build trust, encourage two-way communication, and strengthen relationships.
· Managing Work - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Service Orientation: Listens to and understands the customer, anticipates customer needs, and gives high priority to customer satisfaction
· Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
· Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
The Specialty Material Coordinator is responsible for the managing and maintaining of supply stock in a Specialty Supply department, requisitioning supplies, equipment, and services, and processing “bill only and consignment” requisitions. Additionally, this position will be responsible for managing the inventory levels, ensuring new products are properly reviewed prior to purchasing, keeping supply areas clean and neat, managing consignments and expiring goods, processing returns, updating shelf labels, and completing all computer software functions necessary to ensure that the appropriate supplies and equipment are available when needed and accurate transactions are recorded. This position will bring value to the Hospital through joint efforts with physicians, clinicians, and administrative leaders to improve performance, identify cost savings opportunities and implement key initiatives across all departments and services.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.