Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
The Revenue Cycle Analytics team is pushing the boundaries of automation and predictive analytics. We are constantly innovating to optimize existing processes and provide line-of-sight in to our Revenue Cycle. This role will be a key contributor in developing solutions to streamline data flow, visualize past outcomes, and predict future results.
This position will work closely with the existing Internal Automation and Predictive Analytics team to help automate existing reports, provide solutions to the departments we interface with, and expand our Predictive Analytics footprint within Revenue Cycle.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant Revenue Cycle data to support the Continuous Improvement team. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze Revenue Cycle data and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports or ad hoc reports that enable Continuous Improvement to control and analyze operations.
2. Works with Continuous Improvement and Revenue Cycle Operations to assist with data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of Revenue Cycle information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of Revenue Cycle reports and databases used for Continuous Improvement.
3. Works with other analysts to validate trending of Revenue Cycle data.
4. Provides Revenue Cycle analysis support for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis. Provides intermediate complexity of logic and analysis of data, sorts through data and determines which elements are useful or pertinent to the assigned project. Identifies outliers and recognizes trends, presents data and analysis results to appropriate parties.
5. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for Continuous Improvement recurring meetings, senior leadership, and Revenue Cycle operations.
6. Assists in identification of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of Revenue Cycle leading and trailing indicators. Educates users of the assigned financial reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
7. Provides education on Continuous Improvement reporting to non-Revenue Cycle staff so they can break down analysis in simple terms.
8. Continuous Improvement assignment for facility(ies) with $75,000,000 to $110,000,000 average monthly gross revenue and performs complex operational Continuous Improvement analysis.
9. Uses specialized knowledge to analyze information and solve business problems. Works independently under general supervision. Provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage financial operations for revenues in excess of $300m annually. Consults internally with Department Directors, Administration, Data Operations, Financial Services Department Personnel and Banner Health System personnel. Works with State governmental agencies, colleagues as other healthcare facilities, professional organizations and outside vendors. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Management or related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 4 years of experience in healthcare financial management/analysis work. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.