Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Nights 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Functions as a resource to OR Staff, Physicians and other department staff for supply and inventory issues within the OR.
· Responsible for unloading and stocking sterilized instrument sets and communicating with the Sterile Processing staff the daily instrument needs for the OR.
· Responsible for picking instrumentation and supplies needed for booked cases utilizing a case pick list.
· Utilizes Microsystems SPM computer program to track instruments, document effective time management/productivity and Q.A. data for department records.
· Utilizes the small steam sterilizers in the OR as needed.
· Works with OR staff to move and position patients on an as needed basis.
· Communicates location and supply level suggestions/changes and problems to Manager on a regular basis.
· Assists with local institutions for the lending, borrowing of products and instruments as required.
· Contributes to department cleanliness, organization, productivity and safety by keeping all instruments and supplies in their designated location.
· Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and professional development.
· Attends annual mandatory in-service required meetings and continuing education.
· Promotes the hospital image and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, visitors and the community to enhance the hospital’s reputation as a health care center.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Customer Service
· Assist OR staff and co-workers in a professional and timely manner.
· Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Computer skills
· Critical Thinking Skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Knowledge of OR procedure types/Medical terminology
• Ability to work in SPD and Case Cart Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School graduate or equivalent is required.
· Maintains educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED
· BLS required within three months of hire date
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Completion of annual SPD competency check list
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
The OR Central Supply Technician utilizes surgical expertise, problem solving functions, and performs specific tasks or routines that are supportive to patient care, and expedites OR efficiency for all surgical areas. Provides technical support to ensure supplies and instruments are ready for surgical cases. Responsible for activities as assigned by the Sterile Processing Manager.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.