Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Our Communication team is a small team who work various shifts that run a 24/7 operation. This position coordinates and processes all codes, emergencies and responses for several facilities. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & inter-facility calls as well as alphanumeric paging, overhead paging and after hours on call requests for several departments within the same facilities.
You will be required to work in 2 locations: Banner Corporate, Mesa and Banner Corporate, Phoenix.
The hours for this position are 9:30am-6pm and includes every other weekend.
New hires at Banner Health may qualify for participation in Arizona's Back to Work Program ; which provides a one-time payment of $2,000 for eligible participants! Additional information about this program may be found at AZDES .
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates and processes all codes, emergencies and responses for several facilities. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & inter-facility calls as well as alphanumeric paging, overhead paging and after hours on call requests for several departments within the same facilities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds to, processes and documents all code arrests, traumas, fire alarms (including troubles, disables and tests), emergencies and disasters following established policies and procedures for several facilities and the organization's central call center using computer based emergency procedures and group pages. Notifies appropriate hospital/facility personnel and coordinates communication with facility-based staff, local fire jurisdictions, alarm monitoring companies and other external constituents as required.
2. Understands and appropriately utilizes all emergency backup equipment and procedures to maintain facility communications in the event of equipment or system failures including evacuation/relocation procedures of department staff and functions. Must understand and be able to assist in setting up emergency communications at each facility in the event of communication failure. Must be able to page codes, notify emergency personnel, process calls and associated functions via phone and hand held microphones using downtime procedures including hard copy code procedures, directories, personnel lists and on call schedules.
3. Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls providing information to callers and responding to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to individual facility guidelines.
4. Uses the integrated computer/telephone (CTI) workstation to access information for a designated group of facilities, processing calls for patients, facilities, staff, departments, physicians and the community at large. Locates database information quickly and process calls accurately utilizing computer based directories, web based and database on-call schedules, physician/staff rosters, patient databases, organization's intranet, and other available resources.
5. Functions as an answering service for numerous on-call groups/physicians for several facilities by documenting required information from patients, staff and physicians. Contacts designated on-call personnel and relays accurate, time critical information prior to connecting them to the caller in a prompt manner as set forth by each on-call group/physician. Follows detailed instructions established by each group/physician and shows initiative and problem solving skills when having difficulty reaching active on-call staff. Maintains accurate on-call documentation on appropriate log sheet as set forth by each group/physician.
6. Proactively and continuously identifies opportunities to improve processes and enhance database information. Presents findings and recommendations to management.
7. Works closely with all departments, staff and customers at several facilities to ensure efficient operations. Customers include patients, employees, volunteers, departments, physicians, organizational entities, external vendors and the community at large.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Reading, writing and math skills.
Must possess good oral and written communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basis computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures to react quickly to emergency situations, as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous telephone/customer service experience highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.