Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Join Banner Health's Government Relations team! As a Government Relations Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Banner's VP of Government Relations. You will be responsible for research projects around various policies, work closely with stakeholders in the community, and work with leaders across the Banner Health system to educate them on how policies affect the work that they do.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position will support the organization's engagement with legislative and regulatory activities and relationships with governmental officials and entities at the federal, state and local levels. Partners with external governmental relations firms engaged in representing the company's interests. Engages with state and national associations and trade groups to represent the company's interests in various legislative activities. Helps review and coordinate proposed legislative or regulatory change analyses to determine impact on the organization, helps coordinate governmental relations activities with various politically sensitive or important community relations activities, helps recommend positions to be taken by company on various legislative or regulatory issues, and keeps leaders informed of important activities that impact the enterprise.
1. Collaborates with the Vice President of Government Relations to develop an advocacy agenda and represent the organization before local, state and federal governmental entities and other community partners.
2. Monitors legislative and regulatory activities affecting the company, and coordinates analysis of specific proposed legislation or regulatory policies to determine their impact on the organization.
3. Develops and maintains a tracking mechanism for legislation.
4. Represents the organization at government relations activities, including involvement with local, state and national industry associations. Participates in local civic and other events pertinent to government relations activities that further the organization's position and influence in policy issues relevant to the organization's mission. Coordinates governmental activities with politically sensitive or important community relations activities. This position also coordinates with public relations to ensure politically sensitive issues are handled consistently and accurately.
5. Coordinates efforts to secure or influence specific legislation or regulatory action and collaborates with external governmental relations firms engaged in representing the company's interests in various governmental initiatives.
6. Develops and manages internal communications process to keep stakeholders informed on current policies.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of government relations and/or business as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Must possess some knowledge and background in corporate public and government affairs as normally obtained through two to four years of related experience. Must have a strong knowledge and background of healthcare finance, legal issues, as well as federal and state medical care regulatory issues.
Must possess strong statistical and analytical skills. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as human relations and team building skills required to lead and influence all levels of the organization, as well as other constituents. Proven track record in exercising good judgment in dealing with public officials and the media.
Master's degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.