Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy: Competitive wages Paid orientation Flexible Schedules (select positions) Fewer Shifts Cancelled Weekly pay 403(b) Pre-tax retirement Employee Assistance Program Employee wellness program Discount Entertainment tickets Restaurant/Shopping discounts Auto Purchase Plan Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides first-contact customer service for requests to install data center hardware. The incumbent also responds to customer inquiries and requests related to scheduling of hardware installation and maintenance, reviews data center requests, determines requirements and coordinates course of action with the various information technology departments. This incumbent also performs full range of console and peripheral computer operations across multiple hardware platforms and operating systems and is responsible for the monitoring and completion of mission critical processing.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides operational support to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot technical systems that are associated with providing critical patient care. Ensures the timely completion of production applications in accordance with service level agreements.
2. Participates in scheduled projects that require interaction between various internal departments and external resources. Provides input to project plans, work schedules and critical timelines. A comprehensive knowledge of procedures, operation, and maintenance practices of data center equipment.
3. Plans and coordinates daily administration, installation, removal and repair of data center equipment. Reviews departmental requests for new installations and modifications, analyzes service needs and coordinates activities with requesting departments, contractors and vendors. Ensures timely completion of tasks and short term projects. Maintains various records, directories, logs, files and manuals related to data center activities.
4. Interacts with the customer, from a variety of departments, to research and develop solutions to support issues resulting in a positive experience for the customer.
5. Communicates any hardware/software malfunctions or production processing problems.
6. This position has responsibility for selected infrastructure applications, hardware, or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for projects. The incumbent works at peer level, and participates in meetings, presentations, and planning sessions.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in related field. (Equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience also considered.)
Requires communication, and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS General knowledge of information technology and healthcare.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.