Corporate Communications Specialist - Social Media
Akron Children's Hospital
Location: Akron, Ohio
Internal Number: 8481
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
M-F Days with evening and weekend rotation to monitor sites
This is a hybrid work-from-home position. The ability to work from home may change based on business needs.
Summary: Promote the brand by demonstrating a strong sense of Akron Children's voice and culture, and be knowledgeable about Children's core business as well as the broader healthcare industry. Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic social media marketing and PR initiatives that support organization's goals and objectives.
Responsibilities: 1. Create content, including short and long-form stories, as well as photos and video.
2. Work with various departments to coordinate and implement efforts that are consistent with the brand and hospital policy.
3. Use a variety of social media platforms to reach targeted audiences and achieve goals.
4. Monitor social media accounts and provide timely customer service within the platform.
5. Stay abreast of pediatric healthcare and industry trends, and identify competitive opportunities for the hospital.
6. Maintain knowledge of digital PR/communications trends and practices by participating in continuing education programs and professional organizations and reading current literature.
7. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Strong writing, proofreading, visual (video/photo) and interpersonal skills required.
3. Ability to think strategically for targeted audiences and digital mediums.
4. Proficiency in social media, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Content Management Systems (CMS).
Education and Experience 1. Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, organizational communications or a related field required.
2. Strong organizational and prioritization skills to coordinate projects with many moving parts.
3. Previous professional public relations experience (3 years) required, or at least 1 year of relevant experience in a hospital setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, high-performance, team environment.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: