Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 8719178
Finance & Accounting
1.0 FTE, Days
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Under general direction, supervises and performs the procedures related to the assigned accounting areas including closing operations, financial transactions, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) analysis. Coordinates and supervises the resources in assigned accounting areas and to assist in generating financial statements in a timely and accurate manner and provides administrative and technical direction to assigned subordinate staff.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Supervises month-end and year-end closing operations as well as review assigned journals.
* Oversees financial transactions to ensure that they are accurate and comply with (GAAP) and internal control over financial reporting.
* Inspects accounting process for efficiency, identify risks and challenges and make best-practices recommendation to management
* Develops accounting estimates for assigned areas by applying relevant generally accepted accounting principles identifying and gathering relevant data, and applying analysis and judgment.
* Assists in the preparation of periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report.
* Provides required statements and information to external auditors for the various audits.
* Prepares budgets and analyze variances period over period for management review.
* Coordinates the preparation of the corporate tax return.
* Supervises the internal control systems for accounting functions to minimize risk.
* Maintains a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and system of internal control over financial reporting.
* Complies with local, state, and federal government requirements.
* Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures.
* Oversees accounting operations for assigned area(s) including recruiting and hiring accounting staff and conducts performance evaluations.
* Disciplines and terminates employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
* Implements training for new hires and identifies training opportunities for current staff.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education : Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
Experience : Four (4) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License/Certification : Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Professional Accountant (cPA)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to manage workflow and/or business cycle productivity.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop tactical plans and set priorities.
* Ability to solve technical and non-technical problems.
* Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
* Ability to work effectively through and with others.
* Knowledge of accounting/financial principles and practices.
* Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
* Knowledge of financial transaction flows, including system interfaces.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.