JOB SUMMARY: Support effective and efficient operations of the HR Operations team. Support various programs and practices; including helping to manage specific systems used within HR. Assists with day to day tasks within the team. Conducts systems testing and implementation of new or changing processes within the department under occasional guidance. Analyzes data to suggest process changes/implementation. Works with HRIS and IT to troubleshoot systems issues and implement changes.
* Supports the maintenance and processing of specific HR systems.
* Assists with day to day tasks within the team.
* Create/update documentation used within the department for new or enhance processes.
* Works closely with staff to troubleshoot and identify system enhancements and fix issues.
* Responsible for system testing and implementation of updates and data file uploads.
* Works closely with HRIS and IT to facilitate end to end integration testing to ensure successful system set up, testing and implementation of new or current process changes. Verifies and evaluates program specifications.
* Creates and runs ad hoc reports used in analyzing system data for system testing, auditing, and data requests. Prepare, analyze, and distribute status reports, and evaluate alternative solutions.
* Maintains physical inventory control processes, assists in physical inventory reconciliation.
* Participate in cross functional projects and enhancements with other areas within Human Resources.
* May require travel to site locations.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Ability to convey information clearly to various audience types. This includes good verbal, non-verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrates high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Able to define and organize tasks, responsibilities, and priorities.
* Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
* Demonstrates strong technical skills and aptitude. This includes ability to understand the impact of changes to data across multiple systems.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
DOCUMENT AUDITING (INTERMEDIATE):- Auditing is conducting an independent review and examination of records and activities in order to test the adequacy and effectiveness of procedures, policies, standards, rules, capabilities and other aspects to ensure compliance with established policy and operational procedures, and to recommend any necessary changes.
ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates the ability to grasp and apply advanced analysis concepts to solving problems of a difficult nature. Displays soundness of decisions as reflected in results. Capable of identifying and verifying themes and patterns imbedded within quantitative data, in a set of user requirements, and/or in a problem situation, then drawing conclusions through rational judgment, and recommending solutions and approaches. Displays ingenuity and imagination in problem resolution. Able to eliminate subjective and emotional elements not critical to the problem when conducting analysis. Knows when a timely guestimate is preferable to more thorough analysis.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.