Lead Program Manager - Clinical Documentation Integrity
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2207973
Lead Program Manager - Clinical Documentation Integrity
Assists with planning, developing, coordinating and executing programs that improve clinical documentation across VUMC enterprises.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a Clinical Documentation Improvement support role (Example: Clinical Documentation Specialist/Hospital Quality Management Analyst/Practice Management/RHIT)
Proficiency with Inpatient/Outpatient coding including ICD-10 CM and PCS coding
High proficiency with use of Microsoft products (Teams/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
Previous working experience with Epic electronic medical records system and 3M coding systems preferred
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Oversees the creation, coordination, and execution of clinical documentation improvement programs
Conducts analytics using various data sources (eStar, ClinIntell, Vizient, RedCap, etc.) to identify key areas of program focus
Communicates with clinicians and clinical leadership to create strategies for improved clinical documentation practices
Supports technical build of Epic medical record documentation tools and templates
Collaborates with clinical, quality, coding, and finance leadership to ensure program sustainability
Provides training and guidance for individuals supporting the program.
Promotes growth and expansion of the programs
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (EXPERT)
- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (EXPERT)
- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (ADVANCED)
- Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED)
- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
- Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (ADVANCED)
- Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
MENTORING & COACHING (EXPERT)
- The essence of training and mentoring on the job is transfer of knowledge. Whereas training can be considered more formal and scheduled, mentoring is often in the form of guidance and "hands-on" experiences. The reporting relationship is unimportant since the purpose is to pass on information and experiences. These discussions normally center around a person's goal of learning job procedures, content, standards, analysis and problem-solving.
Organizational Impact: Plans and sets own objectives to deliver against responsibilities that have a direct impact on the near term results of a system or institution.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Solves highly complex problems and recommends solutions that may have broad impact to the function.
Breadth of Knowledge: Viewed as the technical expert at VUMC within a professional area and a broad knowledge of other professional areas.
Team Interaction: Leads complex project teams; coaches and guides team members and develops strategy for project execution.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.