Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is primarily accountable for preparing and analyzing financial reports and other reliable information useful in making operational decisions. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of MWHC Health System and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepare entity and departmental level financial statements in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to general ledger account balances
- Review and analyze all Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Analyze reserves and accruals and make necessary adjustments on a monthly basis
- Perform monthly income statement budget variance analysis
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Provide support to operational managers explaining the data presented and/or providing additional detail as needed
- Reviews and/or prepares schedules or reports required for internal and external audits, tax preparation, and federal, state and local reporting
- Reviews the work product of the staff accountants and support staff to ensure proper recordation of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in researching authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting topics
- Participates in Continuing Professional Education in order to keep abreast of current accounting practices and pronouncements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting CPA or CMA designation preferred 5-7 years of Accounting experience Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications, along with a strong orientation to using personal computers in a network setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex topics and interact with all levels of management and associates
- Team oriented person focused on the "big picture" while managing the details
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills that facilitate the identification and recommendation of process improvements
- The ability to deal effectively within a rapidly changing organization
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively / collaboratively as part of a team, developing productive working relationships with diverse groups of people
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.