Location: Valhalla, New York
The Sr. Category Manager is responsible for sourcing and contracting activities related to assigned goods, equipment and services categories within assigned focus area. Provides supervision and management of the activities of the assigned Value Creation team. This individual identifies process improvement and cost savings opportunities related to improved product, service, and process standardization and utilization. Works with their internal team to develop strategies and lead efforts to mitigate these risks and increase savings. This individual works collaboratively with clinical, administrative, and other WMC Health Network staff to ensure the most cost effective, clinically and operationally successful outcomes. Does related work as required.
- Adhere to and support the overall Mission, Vision, and Strategies of WMCHealth.
- Lead sourcing and contracting activities that support the Supply Chain Strategic plan.
- Leads, directs and oversees the Value Creation team assigned to their focus area to meet annual savings targets.
- Evaluates, selects, monitors, and implements cost effective products, services and processes, while fairly representing the needs of all departments and maintaining mission and core values.
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities related to improved product, service, and process standardization and utilization.
- Focuses on process improvement opportunities with a goal of reducing waste and inefficient processes. Leverages technology to improve business processes and decision-making. Works with value analysis, contracts manager and departments to identify cost savings opportunities. Analyzes current business processes, while identifying and offering continuous improvement opportunities for existing processes. Conducts accurate & timely reporting of savings against goals.
- Create metrics to monitor evaluating goods, equipment and services; communicate performance measures to customers on a regular basis as part of an overall partner management program.
- Prepares and manages budget for the Value Creation program and identifies specific cost reduction or supply chain performance improvements to meet annual savings targets.
- Maintain a regular schedule of business reviews with trading partners.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing collaborative relationships with clinical, administrative, and other staff to ensure effective, results oriented project outcomes while maintaining or improving the quality of care to patients.
- Negotiates contracts for regular, standing orders, leases etc. for the corporation. Researches products and prices; identifies qualified suppliers; obtains technical and/or performance specifications; performs financial and value analysis. Organizes and leads sourcing teams for their respective commodities. Ensures proper authorization, account numbers, price, supplier qualification and contract terms.
- Markets the department's services to the hospital community and drive change management initiatives. Promotes local, small and diverse business relationships and complies with hospital goals and Federal Requirements. Serves on hospital and community committees and participates in professional associations as appropriate; may represent the hospital in user groups, trade fairs, buying consortia.
- Conducts trend and utilization analyses, establishes and maintains related databases and prepares reports for performance and cost improvement.
- Ensures compliance of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise ("MWBE") and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business ("SDVOB") Annual Goal Plans consisting of reviewing WMCs operating budget and identifying sub-accounts and contracts that should be included, excluded or exempt from goal plans.
- Ensures quarterly and annual MWBE and SDVOB reporting to the Empire State Development Office has been completed accurately and on time.
- Works with Sourcing team to identify MWBE and SDVOB opportunities.
- Provides periodic and ad hoc status reports to senior management.
- Develops and implements policies, practices, and standards for assigned area that comply with WMCHealth policies and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes market trends and conditions, reviews advertising literature, trade magazines and other publications, and attends conventions and forums pertaining to purchasing and warehousing;
- Creates a culture of high performance and service throughout the Supply Chain.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
6 years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in value analysis, contract management, business analytics, or procurement of goods, services or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Associate Degree Required or minimum of five years experience) Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Technical Field preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or similar preferred.
Demonstrated skills in Microsoft tools and Business systems. Ability to learn quickly and collaborate cross-functionally. Negotiation, communication, and project management skills.Special Requirements:Physical Requirements: Physical Activity (please check one box):
a~' Sedentary Work (involves sitting most of the time, occasionally walking and standing; requires lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and/or occasionally lifting or carrying objects) a~ Light Work (involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds; requires moderate mobility to different work locations) a~ Medium Work (involves substantial physical activity and mobility; and lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.) a~ Heavy Work (involves some type of manual labor including operating heavy machinery/ equipment or physical labor; requires lifting no more than 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds)
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.