Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
The Regional EMS Coordinator must be cognizant and involved in all phases of the development and ongoing relationships with the EMS community, including: Protocols, financing, communication, pre-hospital transport, inter-facility transport, receiving facilities, dispatch, public information and education, audit (QA/QI) and mutual aid. The Regional EMS Coordinator will make available education for the EMS community. Collects, assesses and reports quality improvement data to facilitate a total quality management environment for EMS. Marketing will be targeted toward the EMS population.
- Provides overall leadership and direction to the Emergency Medical Services personnel that engage with WMCHealth.
- Fosters excellent relationships between WMCHealth and the Emergency Medical Service Agencies that bring patients to MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center and Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley.
- Makes recommendations to the medical director or assistant medical director when a provider of Emergency Medical Services may not have met an acceptable standard of care.
- Participates in meetings, hospital and community adhoc committees as appropriate and needed.
- Provides monthly EMS educational classes, as well asa yearly conference. Provides extra classes for EMS personnel. Provides and organizes educational individualized meetings for EMS providers to improve standard of care when required.
- Works with the Education Department to establish and maintain EMS Student training programs within the hospital.
- Works with hospital management to maintain good guest relations with EMS personnel, EMS agencies,patients, visitors, and staff.
- Works with EMS agencies, patients, and case managers to resolve EMS billing issues.
- Oversees and strives to return the community EMSequipment to the appropriate agencies.
- Provides clinical feedback to EMS personnel in order to improve patient outcomes.
- Organizes access to appropriate resources in order to provide support to EMS personnel for crisis and stress management.
- Takes an active role in promoting the culture and mission of WMCHealth-courteous and polite, communicates in a respectful manner.score: N/A
- Respects confidentiality of patient records and sensitive hospital information. Does not discuss information outside of appropriate clinical setting. Familiar with DNV, DOH & HIPAA regulations.
- Acts as the EMS community liaison for the WMCHealth, providing community service and education projects.
- Attends all mandatory continuing education in-services per hospital policy. Provides educational information to ED staff and EMS staff in regards to upcoming programs.
- Collaborates with Emergency Dept. Medical Directors to ensure quality pre-hospital care. Conducts all required audits of EMS run sheets.
- Provides EMS continuing education and monitors adherence to required standards. Collaborates with medical director to provide call reviews.
- Represent WMCHealth at the REMSCo & REMAC committee meetings.
- Conducts outreach to the various EMS communities at a time and place convenient for the EMS providers.score: N/A
- Coordinates pre-hospital component of disaster plan and evaluates its effectiveness. score: N/A
- Submits internal activity reports that summarizes pre-hospital education and outreach.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Paramedic with 5 yrs. experience within the region. Supervisor experience preferred
High School diploma, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
ACLS provider; ACLS instructor preferred; instructor coordinator preferred; PALS provider, NYS and HVREMAC Paramedic, required. Employee must maintain current licensure and/or required certifications.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.