Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is responsible for duties associated with medical supply and device inventory, ordering, stocking, receiving, breakdown of packing and shipping materials. This position also distributes supplies and equipment throughout the health system to meet patient, clinical, and operational needs. The Supply Chain Technician provides customer focused service to ensure effective operational support and teamwork, and contributes to operational safety, efficiency, and expense management in the facility. This position requires knowledge and frequent utilization of a variety technical systems and equipment related to the Supply Chain Management Information Systems (SCMIS) which supports the daily supply order cycle, inventory tracking, expiration tracking, and cost performance processes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of stocked items, inventory levels, usage, and locations for non-procedural areas.
- Maintains supply and inventory areas by utilizing handheld SCMIS based supply reorder process (count, order, transport, put away, and discrepancy resolution as required).
- Orders, receives, and stocks non-par/special items as directed.
- Provides safe and secure handling and stocking of pharmacologic related supplies.
- Facilitates patient safety through effective inventory rotation, expiration management, and handling of product recall items as required.
- Maintains a clean and organized supply room to help achieve infection prevention expectations for safety.
- Maintains FIFO inventory utilization best practices.
- Completes exchange, replenishment, expirations, and tracking on code carts and nurse servers.
- Provides packing, shipping, and tracking of materials and supplies that are designated for return or restocking.
- Works with customers and Supply Chain Leadership, to continuously review needs for supplies and equipment in the facility, adjust par levels and process requisitions as needed.
- Issues, delivers, and updates the tracking system, on durable medical equipment (beds, specialty devices).
- Communicates with the procurement team on current and future product needs.
- Provides Leadership with accurate and timely information regarding supply availability, including current information on back-orders and alternate products.
- Assists the department in meeting goals relating to operational efficiency, expense management, and attainment of cost objectives.
- Assists in other departmental areas as needed to ensure work is completed as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn and utilize basic medical equipment identification skills (PC unit, module, PCA module, EtCO2 & syringe module, and specialty equipment as required).
- Experience in warehouse supply order replenishment systems utilizing MRP/ERP systems (Workday, Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, or equivalent) preferred.
- Valid Virginia driver's license with acceptable driving record.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.