Associate Patient Service Specialist Float
Primary Care Clinic, Williamson County
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regular guidance. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patient check in/out.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
Vanderbilt's Primary Care Clinics are part of a growing number of Nashville area Vanderbilt Clinics open in Franklin, Spring Hill, Brentwood, Nolensville and Pleasant View. Primary care is where good health begins. These clinics provide high quality health care services in a location convenient for many. Our board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants are the first contact for general health issues, yearly screenings as well as addressing health concerns. Our clinical staff consist of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and medical assistants. As an overall category of healthcare, primary care includes the specialties of family and internal medicine, women's health, geriatrics and pediatrics. We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services to support general wellness and the management of acute and chronic conditions, including: annual wellness visits, complete physical exams, consultations and assessments, gynecologic screening, family planning, immunizations and vaccinations, minor in-office surgical procedures, patient educations and preventative care and referral to support services.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows.
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement.
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out.
- Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct request.
- Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
- Ensures point of service collections.
- Manages reception area, maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method for accountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointment updates with patients.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.