Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a PC Support Tech (Full-Time), to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Orlando, Florida.
The PC Technician's role is to provide on premise support and maintenance of Nemours devices. This includes installing, repairing, upgrading, replacing and maintaining hardware/software and peripheral equipment. This position provides daily operational support for end user devices, peripherals and other related desktop technologies that may be used daily and require hands on support. Support responsibilities include patient facing entertainment systems, performing PC upgrades/replacements, equipment moves, hardware installations, technology configuration & deployment along with providing support for locally installed software solutions.
This position will primarily receive customer incident and request tickets assigned by the Service Desk. Providing daily in person support, adhering to agreed SLA's, and keeping the customer informed of actions taken to address their problem is foundational to the success of the PC Technician. The PC Technician must provide exceptional customer service; have strong Operating System understanding and able to work in a demanding clinical environment. Collaborating with other IS teams in providing advanced Desk Side technology support is fundamental.
- Install, maintain and repair desktop related equipment and software (PCs, peripherals, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, scanners, work station on wheels, standard/nonstandard local software including but not limited to MS Office, Visio, Adobe)
- Partner with the Desk Side Multimedia Technician in providing first line support for conference rooms including conducting room rounding and providing daily support.
- Engage and coordinate with hardware and software vendors to repair/support technology components in a timely manner
- Participate in On-Call rotation as assigned by management, complying with the departmental on call policy. Participate in after-hours support activities as required.
- Accurately document tickets for instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal. Partner with Service Desk to transfer knowledge to Tier one for improved First Contact Resolution.
- Provide on premise support for all Nemours locations as assigned. Perform equipment relocation as needed.
- Adhere to Asset management processes to insure accurate recording of company resources from receipt, to configuration and ultimately delivery of assets including adhering to the Asset Disposal policy.
- Maintain strong expert level knowledge & understanding of current operating systems, network, printing, including an understanding of clinical workflows and how hardware interacts with systems.
- Associate's Degree required, however, equivalent work experience is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience required.
- Excellent team collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Travel may be required to support Nemours satellite clinic locations.
- Clean driving record for the past two years required.