Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Web Application Developer to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Wilmington, DE.
The Web Application Developer is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of web-based applications, which support the Nemours Medical Bioinformatics team. This position will work at several phases of the software development life-cycle and will be personally responsible for front-end application appearance and functionality: requirements gathering/specification, designing interfaces, writing code, compliance testing, documentation, maintenance, and some user support. The successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of research and technical requirements for each assigned project.
This position will make recommendations about web technologies and general applications programming within the development team. The individual in this position must work well with other members of the Medical Bioinformatics team.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical users and administrators. Take their requests then effectively plan and implement necessary changes while keeping priority features/bugs in mind
- Tests, troubleshoots, and analyzes complex system problems and determines solution. Willing to work during non-business hours when needed to maintain live sites.
- Requirements Documentation & Project conception - Create documentation from initial job request through completion.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding tools, languages, methodologies, and processes pertaining to the work of the team.
- Keep up to date with a wide range of communications technologies (particularly those related to web-based applications), and operationalize those new technologies as they provide benefit to the work of the team.
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum 5 years relevant experience required
- Proficiency with application software testing (unit, integration, and application-level). Familiarity with QA Test Plans and QA Methodologies.
- Proficiency with at least one of the following programming languages/frameworks preferred: Laravel, Python, R.