Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, ID is seeking an IHT Systems Engineer 3 to join our UX Engineering team.
Unit/Position SummaryUnder minimal supervision, the IHT Systems Engineer 3 applies creativity along with sound engineering principles to evaluate, design, develop, implement and administer systems, applications, networks and/or associated infrastructures and specialty equipment.
This general classification will be used for a wide variety of IHT Engineering specialty roles in the Health System, including Communication, Desktop, Network, Storage, Infrastructure, Test and Integration Engineers.
- Analyzes and defines business requirements and applies broad technical knowledge and best practices to design, develop, administer and maintain data systems in one or more IHT Engineering specialty fields.
- Monitors and measures overall performance and scalability, performs root cause analysis and implements process improvement. Proactively identify potential issues and tunes appropriately.
- Applies engineering expertise to provide technology roadmaps and innovative technical solutions that align with the strategic vision of the health system.
- Assesses and optimizes the performance of new and existing systems and features.
- Works with other functional groups to establish and improve processes; develops and implements policies and procedures governing specialty Engineering discipline.
- May have sole responsibility for projects and participate in disaster recovery exercises or help develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
- Develops, maintains and manages the documents and standards for a comprehensive library of support documentation.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group; may act as a "lead.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 4 years's experience in an IT engineering role.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.