Location: Newark, Delaware
Are you looking to excel your career? Join our team in the Purchasing Department!
As the Contract Manager, you will assist the Category Manager in creating and driving strategic sourcing initiatives. You will contribute to successful value based purchasing with the focus on achieving significant cost reduction, supporting quality initiatives, establishing successful vendor partnerships and ensuring the introduction of new technology at fair market prices. You will be a strategic business partner, interfacing at the Director and Executive levels of the organization, providing leadership and taking ownership of the defined spend category. You will also gain expertise relating to market trends to identify and promote potential new opportunities for added value.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct strategic sourcing initiatives to achieve savings goal for ChristianaCare in the assigned categories of spend
- Plan, schedule and monitor category sourcing initiatives, ensuring accurate resource allocation and timely delivery of projects
- Provides detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection
- Effectively communicate new savings and opportunities and initiatives with senior leadership
- Along with the Category Manager, collaborates with executive leadership within the organization to build strategies for cost reduction, supplier consolidation, quality improvements while developing and implementing process efficiency improvements
- Act as a champion for business development process improvement
- Serve as product, contract, and price specialist for the non-clinical spend
- Resolve any issues related to products or contracts between ChristianaCare and vendors within assigned categories
- Assist and mentor Contract Specialists in the sourcing department
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.Four years of experience in finance, sourcing, project management or other related field. Project management experience. Healthcare industry experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substitute