Location: Valhalla, New York
The Manager, Communication and Community Relations will play a key role in the design and implementation of communications strategy and the building of an intentional culture aligned to WMCHealth's mission, vision and values. This position will also serve as the primary marketing communications local/regional liaison plus the community relations liaison, working closely with and supporting the Director, to serve the Northern Region.
- Participates in intake process and planning for marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for following archiving procedures and keeping Department files up to date.
- Brand standards ambassador and facilitator for assigned facilities and management.
- Drives the approval, adoption and implementation of communication strategies as appropriate.
- Works with departments to develop appropriate communication methods and channels to oversee the development and implementation of support materials for service lines and facility departments.
- Works with Network resource to film and edit Q&A style physician and patient interviews to be used for social media and website content.
- Develops content ideas including identifying patient stories.
- Works with the Network resource to film press events and script and edit post-event videos, if applicable.
- Deputized to represent the Marketing Department in the organization with oversight from the Director, and takes on responsibility for project management. Participates in appropriate project management as assigned and serves as the project Manager for projects designated by and with oversight from the Director.
- External event support in local geography; Works with Director to execute ribbon cuttings, press conferences, meetings, etc.
- Community representative and arrange for hospital and or physician participation at community events throughout the year. Including organizing and coordinating of Speaker's Bureau. Weekend and/or early morning or evening work is required as necessary.
- Develops and implements community programs in response to hospital-specific Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) and community health initiatives; partner with local and state health departments and other community service providers to maximize efforts, under the supervision of Director.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates full spectrum of community initiatives, including health education programs, support groups, and CHNA and NYS Community Service Plan (CSP) related events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community members and organizations to promote hospitals as the local expert for healthcare and health education.
- Tracks and evaluates effectiveness and appropriateness of outreach activities.
- Manages distribution of information to the public and internal stakeholders as it relates to community engagement services.
- Writes and manages production of hospital brochures and collateral materials, new doctor announcements, social media posts, banners, posters, PowerPoint presentations, signs, and other marketing materials as needed.
- Assists Director, in media relations/issues management support/ content contribution/photography, working under the direction of the Network Strategic Communications leaders, including writing press releases in areas of institutional priority.
- Following training by Network website specialist, works with Network website specialist to create, on the local level, SEO website content for service lines and new sections/service lines and locations; coordinates with leadership to flag updates/corrections to the website including calendar of events.
- With oversight from Director, serves as marketing campaign liaison for Network Marketing team for research, strategy input, implementation; includes responsibility for currency of local business listings, provider directory data accuracy; gatekeeper for accuracy of phone/web/addresses for facility-employees-providers in collaboration with practice marketing specialist and practice marketing ops. (note: does not develop or execute local marketing campaigns/projects without advance approval of VP, Network Marketing and Strategic Communications)
- Interfaces with Network Marketing and Communication colleagues on creative design and audio-visual needs for internal clients.
- Ensures consistent execution of the brand network-wide, including printed materials, digital properties.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support marketing, communications and community relations
Minimum of 5 years applicable experience with a large employer or communications agency, preferably in the health care space, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the use of digital communications tools and techniques
- Excellent writing and editing skills with attention to detail and ability to develop and adhere to prescribed standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Discretion and sound judgment in the handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Project management experience is required and experience working in a matrixed environment is preferred.
- Comfort with a wide range of styles and professional personalities is critical, as is the ability to influence others, make presentations and manage meetings, and advocate for the interests of the workforce
- Contributes positively to a high energy, high performing team
Special Requirements: Flexible schedule and travel is a must; availability for weekdays, weekends, early mornings, late evenings, etc.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.