Location: Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
The Governance Lead is responsible for coordinating the data governance functions and its implementation in the organization. This includes operational oversight of all activities associated with data governance and alignment with the data stewardship bodies.
- Overseeing enterprise data governance program development.
- Architecting the solution and framework.
- Administering the program, including facilitating the data governance council meetings.
- Providing the agenda for the data governance council meetings to be approved by council owner pre-meeting.
- Facilitating data governance organization, tactical and operational stewards, and the data governance council involvement.
- Developing and delivering data governance program educational, awareness, and mentoring materials.
- Providing quality assurance - oversight, monitor, report results to governance council.
- Establishing, maintaining, and periodically reviewing and recommending changes to data governance policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Assessing data governance maturity and capabilities
- Designing data governance programs and processes
- Leading Data Governance Workshops & Implementation services for data governance areas of focus
- Assist in overseeing the data governance offerings and Center of Data Excellence
- Help build and maintain key data and analytics vendor-partner relationships for data governance solutions and sub-contractors
- Participates in requirements gathering activities, examining the entire business application from the aspects of the workflow and the end user
- Develops and maintains conceptual specifications in support of the overall solution throughout a project
- Contributes and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for reuse by other Consultants and Analysts
- As needed, steps into team leadership roles and empowers others to increase contribution and level of responsibility
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least 7 years of related Data and Analytics work experience, including at least two (2) years of leading data governance programs and/or hands-on work in data governance functional areas
- Practical experience delivering data governance capabilities.
- Experience in addressing the audit (FedRamp, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA) queries with appropriate evidences.
- Understanding of ETL techniques and workflows as they impact and relate to analytic solutions.
- Experience using or implementing data governance technologies, i.e., metadata management, data quality, master data management, data privacy, etc., like Azure Purview,Databricks(Unity Catalog) similar data governance vendor(custom) solutions, Informatica data governance tools (EDC, Axon, Informatica DQ, Informatica MDM), Collibra OR Alation.
- Ability to setup scanners and do periodic check on the data sources, setup data lineage and descriptions.
- Lead Data Literacy efforts with Data Stewards. Come up with a train-the-trainer program to improve knowledge base in each dept.
- Exposure to integrating Unity Catalog to Azure Purview.
- Exposure to cloud-based analytic solutions and their role relative to traditional on-premise solutions.
- Experience in analytic solution design and data visualization techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple solutions and/or disciplines.
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems.
- Experience creating technical documentation and communicating effectively in various written formats.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members, including delegating technical tasks, and at times resolving issues of poor technical execution without escalation.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences' engagement.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment.
Note: Successful applicants for domestic positions that require travel to a customer site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. The description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities, and working conditions associated with this position. All requirements are subject to possible modification and reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.