The Director, Social Determinants of Health and Health Equity, partners with other leaders to elevate Community Health Choices reach and impact with a particular focus on the social, economic and health equity of our members. Social issues including housing insecurity, substandard housing, social isolation/loneliness, food insecurity, and financial insecurity. The Director will serve as an advisor, strategic leader, bridge builder and partner, leading Community's SDOH and health equity commitment and strategy, and ensuring the organization executes on its vision to ensure our members have the opportunities they need, free from barriers, to pursue their best health. Specifically, the Director will be responsible for maintaining and growing Community's credibility as a thought-leader on health equity, fostering action on SDOH and health equity at local, state, and national levels, advancing our efforts as an equity-focused organization, and strengthening the capacity for external partners and stakeholders to advance SDOH and health equity initiatives. This position requires outstanding management and development skills as well as an inspiring, collaborative, and innovative leader with. This role will be engaging with our community partners, (local, state, public, private along with internal partners as well) to monitor performance, provider consultative support, and to develop tools and training to ensure Enhanced Care Management and Community Support program success. Director will seek local and national partnerships to explore, cultivate, and execute on fundraising prospects and coordinate with Vice President of Community Affairs and other internal leaders to ensure consistency across programs.
The Director works collaboratively with the broader health care community to advance health equity so health care can work better for everyone, regardless of background, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, geography, race/ethnicity, or socioeconomic status. The Director partners across cross-functional teams to seamlessly optimize health care delivery to improve member's health and achieve health equity among vulnerable and marginalized populations. The Director understands the root causes of inequities and the social determinants of health and works to educate others who can engage in projects to create conditions for successful implementation of initiatives across our service area, ensuring training, monitoring and compliance with ethical business practices in relation to accreditation/regulatory/government regulations. The position directs the management and implementation of new and existing health equity dashboards to track and monitor trends across the organization for improvement. The Director assumes the daily organizational management of health equity and SDOH initiatives that are focused on transforming, optimizing and enhancing care delivery and its processes via the application of health equity principles, best practices, and scientific clinical research.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Advanced degree Highly preferred (MA/MS/MBA/MPH).
* Familiarity with the local area and/or focus of the initiative (e.g. social determinants of health)
* Seven years' experience in program development, management, and implementation experience; direct cross-functional activities required to implement and manage ongoing performance of multiple programs, services, and marketing strategies preferred.
* Three years of fundraising experience and demonstrated success in cultivating fundraiser relationships.
* Five years management experience.
* Advanced strategy and planning skills, including an ability to think strategically on both organizational and systemic levels over multi-year horizons.
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Experience in health equity work, community development, policy change, program development, project management, supervision of staff, health promotion, and communication skills is required.
* Experience in working with high risk minority populations is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong executive presence to inspire confidence and passion in both internal and external audiences.
* Strong facilitation and presentation skills before multiple types of audiences.
* Experience with complex project management and stakeholder management.
* Existing relationships with, or ability to build relationships with, a cross-sectoral range of stakeholders in the local or regional area, including senior executives.
* A track record of leading, inspiring, and developing high-performance teams.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build authentic relationships with a diverse set of high-profile stakeholders.
* Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment; willingness to roll up ones sleeves and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the work.