Location: Jacksonville, Florida
This position prepares the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal and external customers in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); prepares the annual audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP for The Nemours Foundation, The Nemours Foundation Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA), Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware (NCH-DE), Nemours Children's Hospital, Florida (NCH-FL), The Nemours Foundation Pension Plan, The Nemours Foundation Section 403(b) Plan and Pediatric Medical Services of Florida, Inc. (PMSI) Section 401(k) Plan.; compiles the tax returns for The Nemours Foundation, Nemours New Jersey Physician Practice (NJPP) and Pediatric Medical Services of Florida, Inc. (PMSI) in accordance with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Prepares year-end audited financial statements and footnotes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) [Audited financials: Combined, NCH-DE, NCH-FL, SEFA, Pension, 403(b) and 401(k)]. Provides information to and prepares schedules for external auditors necessary to perform interim and fiscal year-end audit test work.
- Prepares annual tax return (Form 990) and supporting schedules for Nemours, PMSI and the New Jersey Physician Practice.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for the Executive Team and Board, Operational Review Statements for the Executive Team and Operational Managers and Strategic Management System (SMS) information for internal customers.
- Prepares of the quarterly unaudited financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow) for the Board meetings. Generates the monthly and quarterly reports to comply with the various bond rating agency requirements.
- Prepares quarterly lobbying activity report and coordinates meetings with lobbying and GL team.
- Prepares schedules, journal entries and reconciliations related to investments, bonds, the 403(b) and 401(k) plans.
- Reviews and approves additions and changes to the ERP approval process.
- Compile and report annual Census data.
- Stays abreast of and research changes to accounting rules and regulations and implements approved recommendations as well as changes to company policy.
- Assists Financial Reporting Team Lead and Financial Reporting Manager with any projects as needed.
- Assists all areas of Business Operations on an as needed basis.
- Works with various application support team members in order to make process improvements regarding the ERP system.
- Documents and maintains procedures for all functions.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently, schedule time efficiently and set priorities in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Provides accurate information.
- Works well within a team and makes the work environment comfortable for colleagues.
- Open to taking direction, accepts feedback and willing to change.
- Recognizes the importance of process and know when to ask questions, make suggestions and make decisions.
- Builds and fosters professional relationships both internally and externally.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- 1-5 years of related experience is preferred.
- Requires advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel (formulas, v-lookup and the ability to build/manipulate complex spreadsheets), Word, Outlook, Oracle, Lawson or other enterprise accounting system experience.