Epic Interface Engineer Lead is responsible for the design, development, documentation, testing, and maintenance of integration and interface efforts that supports Epic and new or existing enterprise-level integration solutions. The person in this position coordinates interface projects with affected departments and personnel. Reviews, corrects, reconciles and analyzes various clinical and financial system reports to assure that all interface activities between the clinical and financial systems are handled correctly. Leads architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluations, and tracks, communicates development project status, dependencies, and risks to the project team and leadership, providing technical expertise on assigned applications.
- Responsible for assessment, estimation, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of new and existing interoperability and integration solutions staying current with new technologies and best practices.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage new technologies and improve processes, providing expertise on assigned domains or assets including the interrelationships with other systems, applications and technology.
- Partners with the operational teams and users to gather and analyze highly complex business and technical requirements to design or produce efficient and effective interface solutions
- Participates in or leads project design walkthroughs, evaluating dependencies between applications, advising on alternative approaches, and designing for effective interfaces
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of business practices, application interdependencies and interface functionality when writing or modifying code, testing, issue triaging and troubleshooting interface logic.
- Provides a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications support the business, and use that information to lead the interface development process
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with business partners and project, application, and technical teams
- Leads code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications; tracking exceptions to verify they are addressed in a planned and timely manner
- Provides expertise and leads the selection and implementation of technology solutions, tools, methodologies, standards and best practices, champions their merits and use and provides guidance and oversight to ensure project adherence to those standards and practices.
- Exhibits expert knowledge of information messaging standards (I.e., HL7/FHIR, ANSIx12 and middleware principles and concepts (i.e., APIs, REST, SOAP, Web Services, etc.)
- Develops program code based on defined specifications following programming standards, and ensures the program functions according to specifications
- Maintain and revise system design documentation, technical documentation, support instructions and user guides as needed.
- Ensures that comprehensive unit testing is complete, contributes to development of test scripts, responds to inquiries, and resolves issues as the developed code moves through the testing process and into production