Location: Sonic - Travesia Park,
Internal Number: REQ-021223
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for a Senior Software developer is a seasoned professional with at least 5 years of experience in Python development. They have a strong understanding of the Python language and its frameworks, as well as experience in building and maintaining large-scale applications. Senior Python Developers are also proficient in working with databases, web services, and front-end technologies. They can work independently and as part of a team, and they are able to take on a variety of tasks, from designing and implementing new features to fixing bugs and maintaining existing code. Senior Software Developer will be part of the team that focuses on the solution development process and possesses a history of application design and development, who also has exposure to the Agile software development methodology.
- Planning and Design:
- Take a lead role in planning, with a focus on ensuring each developer on the team understands the design & implementation decisions and how to apply them
- Collaborate with product owners early in the planning process to help guide architectural decisions that will lead to more stability and sustainable design
- Collaborate with peers and key stakeholders to create conceptual designs for new data pipelines and upgrades to existing systems
- Development & Testing
- Deliver clean, readable code that meets requirements
- Contributes and reviews technical related entries into enterprise data dictionaries
- Follow team standards for development practices
- Provide appropriate documentation of development work
- Collaborate with teammates on tasks
- Subject all features to manual testing to ensure acceptance critera are met with a focus on user experience
- Participate in peer review on tasks
- Culture and Team Development:
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, user personnel and management staff
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve the team dynamic
- Maintain a focus on breaking down silos
- Foster an environment of fluid collaboration
- Ensure that all data communications are secure as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996
- Strong understanding of the Python language and its frameworks
- Experience in building and maintaining large-scale applications
- Proficiency in working with databases, web services, and front-end technologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take on a variety of tasks, from designing and implementing new features to fixing bugs and maintaining existing code
- They should also be able to prepare and/or maintains documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
- Translates business specifications into user documentation.
- Understands and ensures HIPPA requirements are followed when dealing with any PHI.
- Contributes to and assists with enterprise data initiatives.
- Other responsibilities will include providing technical leadership and mentorship to junior staff and providing some leadership in the SCRUM process.
- You will also be involved in preparing and maintaining technical documentation pertaining to data systems.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with Django, Flask, or other Python frameworks
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with REST APIs and microservices
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in data science.
- Experience in data Modeling for large amounts of data that are very transaction heavy.
- Experience in in machine learning/predictive analysis or automation of business rules.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.