Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VUMC Child Care - Admin
The Child Care Teacher leads the classroom promoting academic, social-emotional growth and development of children and of partnerships with parents/child's caregivers to engage and encourage parent participation in program with minimal guidance. The Child Care Teacher leads age appropriate curriculum and activities to nurture and stimulate all domains of children's development in their care and provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children's learning and growth. The teacher performs on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by DHS and develops lesson plans and follows curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child. They also maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/ caregivers an plan and implement support for nutrition routines. The Child Care Teacher will provide attentive supervision of children.
VUMC offers Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 24 days per year. We also offer career development and advancement along with the opportunity for tuition assistance.
The starting pay for the position is $19.00 with the opportunity for a higher salary dependent on relevant years of experience.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center Child and Family Centers offer early childhood care and education for the children of VUMC employees. The child care program serves children, from six weeks old to age 5. The centers are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
The Child and Family Centers provide quality care and education in a safe, nurturing and engaging environment. Thank you for choosing the VUMC Child and Family Center to care for your child. We appreciate the confidence you have shown in us.
Patterson - 1817 Patterson St.
Belcourt - 2140 Belcourt Ave.
Knob - 5701 Knob Rd.
Dakota - 4108 Dakota Ave.
* Leads age appropriate curriculum and activities to nurture and stimulate all domains of children's development in their care.
* Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children's learning and growth.
* Performs on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by DHS and develop lesson plans and follow curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child.
* Maintains ongoing, open communication with parents/ caregivers.
* Plans and implements support for nutrition routines
* Provides attentive supervision of children.
* Customer Communication (Advanced): Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in written and or oral communications in challenging and complex situations. Demonstrates the ability to relate to customers in writing in a way which results in improved customer loyalty and effective website usage. Works closely with website marketing groups to communicate to current and potential users regarding new offerings and enhancements. Often takes the lead role on highly pressurized situations when there is a need to inform customers of sensitive issues. Consistently delivers communications services in a creative and imaginative manner while setting standards for others.
* Training & Development (Novice): Has presented course modules as part of a program. Effectively prepared by demonstrating knowledge in course content, structure and objectives, as well as audience characteristics. Demonstrated audience sensitivity and awareness. Responded professionally to content questions.
* Mentoring & Coaching (Intermediate): Demonstrates good training and mentoring practices on a regular basis. Acts as a mentor to a person in need of support and direction. Makes a concerted effort to seek problem definition so it is clearly understood, clarifying and refining goals, as needed. Knows how to make personal gains apparent, supporting pride in accomplishment. Cites specific examples of conduct and responds to lack of progress in constructive ways. Encourages two way dialogue, soliciting opinions of people being trained and mentored. Explores alternative solutions and approaches which make a person or team more likely to accomplish their goals.
* Curriculum Development (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate curriculum development of moderate difficulty. Can identify learning needs, collect input from consultation and review, plan component courses and their learning outcomes, and plan course delivery, resources, and assessment.
* Customer Service (Intermediate): Keeps management informed on all aspects of one or more projects. Takes personal responsibility to ensure external and internal customer satisfaction is met despite pressures and/or significant obstacles. Discusses options with customer for alternative ways to meet expectations cost-effectively and efficiently. Commands respect and confidence from customers, and identifies, influences and creates business opportunities. Negotiates with customers for changes in service levels, understanding the business rationale for those changes. Deals with unexpected customer demands smoothly and without conflict.
* Curriculum Development (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate curriculum development in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Our professional administrative functions include critical supporting roles in information technology and informatics, finance, administration, legal and community affairs, human resources, communications and marketing, development, facilities, and many more.
At our growing health system, we support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement. Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements. Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas. - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively :- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.